cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for experienced ebay sellers....Desperately need your advise.

Hi guys,

I sell books on ebay. It is currently a very small business and nothing more than a part-time business for me. I have listed 214 books currently, and sold 5. I opened my ebay shop 3 weeks ago. 40-50% of my books are brand new and rest are used. I operate on a very low margin for my brand new books and higher margin for used books.

My question to experienced ebay sellers is : Is it absolutely necessary to have a basic shop on ebay for a seller ?

It costs me 500 Rupees to have a basic shop... this is in addition to the 214 * 3 = 642 Rupees I pay for listing my books. So I pay around 1050-1100 Rupees per month, basic rent to ebay. Forget all other expenditure such as 6% on sales, 4.5% on paypal - what hurts me is this Rs.1100 I have to pay. Because of that my profits will be no more than 500 - 1000 rupees, which is quite low.

So to cut costs, I am thinking of

1. Closing my ebay shop, and
2. Cancelling Selling Manager

That will save me 500 Rupees per month.

As you can understand, I am new to ebay and I have nobody to advise me.... do you think it is the right decision ? Does it help to have a basic shop on ebay ? Will it affect my sales ? How do people buy books on ebay ? Do they search for it in basic ebay listngs, or do they search in shop listings ? Is it absolutely necessary to have Selling Manager ? It adds 200 Rupees to my monthly expenditure.

Should I cut down on my number of listings or should I cut down on basic shop + selling manager ?

Please advise.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hello,

Please click the following link and you will find that no insertion fee for Books.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/account/fees.html

I donot understand how they are telling that 2/- per listing in Books category.

It is clearly written, no listing fee for Books.

Thanks,
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

sitare_jewels

I have been selling few books on my store, They are deducting Rs 2 every time 😞
Message 12 of 12
latest reply