cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch of PowerShip – an eBay facilitated shipping service

Dear Members,

We are very excited to announce the launch of PowerShip – an eBay facilitated shipping service to enhance your experience on eBay India.

For our Sellers, PowerShip will significantly enhance the efficiency of managing multiple item shipments and delivery of items to your buyers. We’ve engaged with reputed logistic service providers such as FedEx, BlueDart, DTDC and Aramex for this initiative and what you have in store is attractive rates, item pick-ups from your doorstep, automated tracking of shipments, faster item deliveries by Logistic Service Providers and coverage for the shipment from eBay India. The seamless solution will let you develop and grow your core eBay business by sourcing more efficiently and serving buyer needs better. Essentially, greater peace of mind and ease of managing business!

PowerShip will include Air mode, enabling quicker delivery of items to Buyers, Surface mode to manage volumetric and large size shipments and Cash On Delivery enabled through BlueDart in addition to Aramex for buyers who wish to pay for items on delivery. PowerShip sellers can avail special courier rates and ship to over 10,000 plus locations across 2500 cities and towns in India.

Ensuring quick shipment & delivery of items is a critical factor in driving a great Buyer experience. So, every time you dispatch the item within a single day of order confirmation (pick-up time as per Logistics Service Provider’s confirmation), you will receive a special FastShip discount of 0.5% on your PaisaPay fees, which translates into a discount of up to 11% on the PaisaPay fees. In addition to this, you will also receive 5 Star DSR Ratings on “Shipping Timelines” for all such orders shipped within a single day from the date of order confirmation! This will result in shorter delivery timelines, enabling you to build a loyal customer base and increase your business on eBay.

5 star DSRs on Shipping Cost for listings where the Buyer checks out with Free shipping [if offered] continues.

All of this would ensure that Buyers, will consistently experience a high quality service from you for their purchases along with the benefits of tracking shipments in a transparent fashion, resulting in a delightful shopping experience on eBay.

What else is changing…

With the launch of PowerShip, ‘My PaisaPay’ is undergoing a makeover. The new interface has been designed taking into account your feedback on being more user-friendly and efficient. It will enable quick access to information onyour transactions, tracking status, shipping related documents and remittances.

Some of the new features:

•Quick view and access to your unshipped, shipped and cancelled transactions on the left side of the page in ‘Bought with PaisaPay’ & ‘Sold with PaisaPay’ section
•Additional filters to sort orders by PaisaPay ID, Buyer ID, Item ID, Order Date and Courier under the activity tabs.
•Prefilled & preformatted information of your Shipping Label, Manifest, Order Statement and Shipping Declaration made available for print at a click of a button. No more manual formatting in MS Excel/MSWord!
•New ‘Shipping Preferences’ tab to set preferences tocombine/ separate ’Ready To Ship‘ and printing actions,along withpreference of‘State exclusions’ for item deliveries [enabling you to configure the States & Union Territories to which you are ready to ship to]. You asked for it, we have now built it for you!
•Simplified Shipping service combinations for PaisaPay covering Local, National, Flat Rate and Surface. Apart from this ‘Cash on Delivery’ and ‘Buyer Picks up and pays’ can be used with any of the above combinations.

More information on the changes and sample screens available here .

PowerShip will be launched in pilot phase with a select number of sellers starting post-midnight of 5thJune 2012, and will continue ramping this up to include more sellers over a few weeks. You will be contacted over next few days for assistance on joining the program if you are part of the pilot / launch phase. Click here to refer to PowerShip T&C .

For this launch, we are making amendments to the PaisaPay User Agreement, PaisaPay Terms & Conditions and PaisaPay Rules and Policies which will be effective post-midnight of 5th June, 2012.

Want to know more? Attend our workshop on 4th June 2012 at 4 pm on this thread.

We would love to hear your feedback and thoughts on PowerShip. Do drop in your comments here.

Thank You,
eBay
Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Yes 250gms slot is very much necessary otherwise for small size and less value items like batteries/cells/button cells etc the selling price will go up.
StopandShop
Message 11 of 50
latest reply

gudgoodies
Community Member
Hi,

I am eagerly waiting to start, I have already registered & communicated to the concerned person. Still requesting here to make the process fast.

Thank You,

Gudgoodies 🙂
Message 12 of 50
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Good initiative!
As said by others, there are few hiccups.

1.) 250 grams weight slam is very crucial
2.) Invoice - If u ship through bluedart / fedex, they will not ship without proper tax invoice....fellow sellers u have to agree with me - how many of u ship with proper tax invoice??? For some states they will ask for forms!
3.) Some say charges are high, For me the tariff is ok(except local) - pls note the tariff is including service tax & fuel surcharge....
4.) minimum weight for surface parcel is high....could change it to 5 kgs.
5.) Fastship discount is a very good concept.
6.) I suggest ebay should have region wise shipping options: South / East / West / North & North East.
for eg: I am from chennai & i can ship to southern region @ 30-40rs per kg...for north / east - around 80rs & north east - it will be 100-120rs.
since i do not have region wise option, i list the maximum fee - unnecessarily ppl in south will have to pay higher shipping charges...som buyers comment shipping charges are high in feedback, in rare case they leave negative feedback too. Hope to receive feedback from other sellers.

Regards,

Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders.
Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Dear Seema, Team Ebay,
Congratulations:-) for first mover advantage to Ebay for Powership Programe.... few suggestions

A) 250Gm slab is a must. Could not find Artificial Jewelry included in PowerShip Category.

B) .5% discount for shipping within 24 hours, should also be extended to seller using regional courier to ensure confirmed & speedily delivery. We sometimes have to use Maruti/Akashganga/Ondot/Pafex/Blaseflash/SpeedPost/Registered Post, wherever DTDC, Blue Dart is not having facility. Regional couriers have excellent track record & ensure timely delivery. We being in Books cat earlier have desired expertise & knowledge base to use correct courier.

C)Few sellers (high volume dispatch) may be getting better rate from DTDC, can we keep on using our own arrangements & feed docket within 24 hours (sun/holiday excluded) to avail .5% Paisa Pay Discount. Please enable the same.

D) We plan to introduce alteration/custom tailoring for shirts/trousers exclusive on Ebay, Timelines to dispatch would be 4th day. Can .5% paisa pay discount be extended to similar customised products by other sellers.

E) Insurance option to buyers would be of great help to both sellers & buyers. apprx 4% is charged by courier cos...We used to loose avg. Rs5000/- worth consignments via professional, now we have stopped using them. Professional is good in terms of reach at South, however reliability is a big??

F) IMPORTANT: Pls enable systems, so that buyer can give more than 1 pin code (nearest) in his address. For our buyers at south, sometimes we give all DTDC locations at nearby & request to select best one serving his location.Otherwise we use Speed/registered Post.

G) Gift wrap facility at additional nominal expenses can also be enabled...aka ebay US.

H) Ebay printed packaging material; can you please upload some images/samples & guidelines. We have the bandwidth to get is done (plastic wrap/box/cartoon/adhesives) at our own.

I) Hope this facility is available Pan India for all our sellers.

J)For gift orders, the buyer should have option to feed addressee contact number. We have many instances, where only buyer number is reflecting (usually outside India number). We had Gulf customers gifting shirts to their families in South, however local number is not reflecting either in order or in seller paisa pay panel. There should be prompt..pop up window to request addressee number. This will ensure higher satisfaction & time saving for both

Thanks & Warm Regards,
Prabhjot & Simardeep Kaur
prabhjotsood@gmail.com
:-)
Message 14 of 50
latest reply

Dear Raj Electronics,

GMG !!

I suppose, it can be availed by any seller DIY, link as per original post ...Please click on the link as appened ..."More information on the changes and sample screens available here .".
Message 15 of 50
latest reply

Forgive me please. This service is probably for bulk sellers. If I do 3 or 4 shippings a week, who will do pick up for me? So, I shall not be able to avail of 0.5% discount even if I do same day shipping.
But, this is a good scope for bulk shippers. Casual shippers will not be able to benefit from this.
Message 16 of 50
latest reply

Dear Members,

Thanks for your participation on this forum on the launch of our Powership Program. We look forward for an engaging session.

Regards,
Seema
Message 17 of 50
latest reply

Dear amitava123gems,

Thank you for your interest in Powership. To your question, seller’s doing upto 3 to 4 shipments a month can be covered under PowerShip.

At this moment, we are launching with certain number of sellers and will soon be able to offer it to sellers such as you.

Please stay tuned for more updates from us in the next few weeks.

Regards,
Seema
Message 18 of 50
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Hi,

I kindly request ebay to consider my region wise shipping options :

"I suggest ebay should have region wise shipping options: South / East / West / North & North East.
for eg: I am from chennai & i can ship to southern region @ 30-40rs per kg...for north / east - around 80rs & north east - it will be 100-120rs.
since i do not have region wise option, i list the maximum fee - unnecessarily ppl in south will have to pay higher shipping charges...som buyers comment shipping charges are high in feedback, in rare case they leave negative feedback too. Hope to receive feedback from other sellers"

Regards,

Sreelakshmi Traders
Chennai
Message 19 of 50
latest reply

Dear learningratnaslifestyle,

Thanks for your kind wishes & active participation on the forum 🙂 Let me address all your questions on our program:

A)250 gms: At this moment, we have commercials starting 500 gms available and offered under PowerShip. We are working on offering 250 gms and this may be available in near future.
Immitation jewelry is available and can be shipped with PowerShip.

B)5% discount for shipping within 24 hours extended for regular shipments: Thanks for the suggestion. Fedex & Bluedart are covering 95% of the buyer locations & the rest being covered by DTDC and Aramex to a large extent. So you can avail of the 0.5% discount on PaisaPay fees for shipments done within a day of order confirmation.

We are also in the process of building a tool which will help you gauge if the pin code is serviceable or not, final charges for shipment basis weight & delivery location. Stay tuned for more updates from us on this. Please feel free to get in touch with us for any questions on the program.

C) High Volume Dispatch: Thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, 0.5% discount on PaisaPay fees is only available for PowerShip transaction and for shipments done within a day of order confirmation.

D) Custom Made Products: Thanks for your suggestion on incorporating Custom made products for fee discounts. At the moment, 0.5% discount on PaisaPay fees is only available for PowerShip transaction and for shipments done within a day of order confirmation.

E) As a service offering, we will be covering consignments for in transit damage / lost for the value of the consignment if shipped through PowerShip.

F)Buyers entering more than 1 pincode: That's a great suggestion. We will review this and explore possibilities of offering this in near future

G)Gift wrap facility: That's a great suggestion too. We will review this and explore possibilities of offering this in near future

H) eBay printed packaging material: eBay packing material that includes Shipping bags (in four sizes) and packing tapes, will be supplied by eBay. This packing material is available to you for a nominal fee of Rs. 2 / transactions and supplied to you basis your transaction volume & requirements

I) Facility available PAN India for all sellers: Yes, this is available for all Sellers within the serviceable PIN code list (as per pick up locations of LSPs)

J) Alternate number for gift orders: We have made a lot of this suggestion and in the process of getting this done within the next few weeks.

Please let us know for any further questions 🙂

Regards,
Seema
Message 20 of 50
latest reply