cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kindly guide if Import-Export code mandetary for small sellers

ufo_big
Community Member
Kindly guide if Import-Export code mandetary for small sellers selling occasional items abroad through ebay.in. What is the costs incurred for that code? Is it required if item is despatched through India Post also? Is there any value limit (above which code is mandetary)?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

anmol_kreations
Community Member
Dear Co Merchant,

Well yes., the IEC CODE ( Import Export Code ) is mandatory for selling international. Although it depends upon your Managing skills when you pass all stuff from the customs in the INDIAN POSTAL SERVICES to Make you International Shipment. We initially started by telling the custom's officers that we are sending this as a GIFT, or some of our cousins have bought this to be delivered abroad, or then it is a wedding in my cousin's house....etc.,..So, buy this you actually declare that you are sending these as GIFTs,. which bears no comercial transactions....etc...But then as our volume increased, we had to apply for the IEC CODE and it costed us around Rs.1500.... So, it is good to have this permanent code and then you could send any numbers of International Shipment without any glitche.s...

For more procedural details like the Invoics to be Prepared, packing, charges, you should get in touch with the Postal Services : Foreign POsts, always meet the Manager of the GPO so that you can fall back to him for any help, meet the customs officer in the same place and also meet the BDO ( Business Development Officer ) so that you can revert back to him for any help as well as for your Shipment Statuses...

Hope this helps

The Cyberwiz

Tarun

Anmol Kreations

Anmol Sparkys
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No need for IEC Code for sending via Indian Postal Dept. I myself sending from last 2 years without IEC Code in each part of the world.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

rohitsej
Community Member
how can i recived iec codes , tell me in detail abt export buseness in india , where i have to apply etc.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

shinde_mahen
Community Member
Hi,
can any one tell me what will be he custom charges for imorting the electronic board from china of around $99.
I don't have Import Export code.

Thanks
Mahendra
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

shalish123
Community Member
WTC -Six Volume Export Plan"

‘WTC’-Six Volume Export Plan is designed to help SSI, Small, Medium Scale manufacturers, entrepreneurs, exporters of all experience levels. Whether you’re thinking about getting involved in international trade, or are already exporting, a review of the extensive materials in this guide will help you obtain a better understanding of how to succeed.

'WTC' Six Volume Export Plan covers important topics like:- Organizing yourselves, What to export and where, Selection of products, Sourcing Buyers, Appointing Agents, Developing an Export Strategy, Understanding rules of Export Trade, Mode of payments,financing export orders, availing benefits incentives offered to exporters, sample letters, correspondence, addresses of important trade organizations, associations, inspection agencies, credit rating agencies, and other institutions related to the promotion of export trade.

"WTC Six Volume Export Plan" is offered with FREE Advisory Support Services for 6 months.

Please refer attached "FREE REPORT" on complete insight of the Export plan.

Additional Benefits

If your order form is received on or before 31st October, 2005. All new subscribers are eligible for the following benefits:-

01. One year FREE Subscription to all incoming foreign buyers inquiries by E-mail. - Annual Subscription Fees : Rs.5,500/-

02. FREE CD ROM of Latest ' Annual Supplement to Foreign Trade Policy as announced on 31st October, 2005 along with Aayaat- Niryaat Forms + Appendix. - Cost price : Rs. 500/-

To Order, we request you to return Order Form duly filled along with payments before 31st October,2005.

Mail your Order Form to:

Head Office :
World Trade Connections

2nd floor, B-166, Shrenikpark,

Opp. Akota Stadium, Productivity Road,

VADODARA-390020 [GUJ] INDIA

Tel: +91 265 2325355/2342148

Fax: +91 265 2342148

Email: wtcbaroda@rediffmail.com

"FOR ISSUE OF IMPORT-EXPORT LICENSE, ADVANCE LICENCE,DFRC,DEPB, PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE BIDDINGS, SUBSIDIES AGAINST EXPORT OF AGRICULTURE PRODUCE GOODS, MDA, ETC., WE CAN HELP YOU IN MATTERS OF DGFT-EXIM POLICY. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT : 9824067098 ATTN : SHALISHKUMAR "
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

akshaye1982
Community Member
Hi there,

In my continued effort to improve on solutions to queries specific to yours, please visit my post 'Importer Exporter Code Number' HOW TO APPLY; SOLVED!!! CHEERS!!!

find this here - community/ international selling board/ 'Importer Exporter Code Number' HOW TO APPLY; SOLVED!!! CHEERS!!!

Have fun and i hope this helps you.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

pearcy0_0
Community Member
Hi I am from Australia and wondered What seem to be a Successful product to sell on Ebay
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

parthatanu
Community Member
Plz tell me
Licence Application Fees?
***"Validity of Licence?"***
Conditions of Licence?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi Tarun

Thanks for an elaborate answer. Could you please specify if you had to pay any extra fees while sending the goods commercially through post office after getting the IEC number? I am in the process of getting IEC but since I have a very small business, I am being advised against it. The reasining is I will have to pay more money and then the business that I get aborad wont be profitable. Could you please elaborate on it? 

I also wanted to ask if you pay GST on the goods exported?

Looking forward to ehairng from you...

Thanks

Manisha

Message 10 of 10
latest reply