Help on Using Community Boards

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A warm welcome to the community discussion boards.

Community boards are a great place where users come together and discuss various issues, both related and not related to eBay. In the process, they gain from each other’s knowledge, share their success and disappointments, help others, make friends and most importantly have fun.

This is a place where eBay India users can sit and relax while spending time on their various eBay activities.

Here is some quick help on using the community boards, and making your posts more interesting and personlised.

To interact on these boards, you will need to register first - it's easy and free! Also, please take the time to read and familiarise yourself with the eBay Board Usage Policies on http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

How to read posts
To be a guest and simply read discussions, or "lurk", you do not have to log on. Simply click on the discussion topic you are interested in reading. However, if you sign in, you get to see all the new and updated posts since your last visit.

How to log on
On the Community page, on your top right hand side, you have a button for sign in. Similarly in every board, on the top there is a button to sign in. You can use your existing eBay user id and password to log on.
By signing in you get to see all the posts that are new or updated since your last visit. If you do not have an eBay User ID, you will need to register

How to post a new message
Sign in to the boards and either scroll down to the bottom of the page or click the "Post Message" button in the toolbar and then type your message into the text box. If you want to add special formatting such as bold, italics, bullets, etc. or insert links or images, you can use regular HTML tags in this text box or use the shortcuts given in the post message button box.
When you are ready, click the "Post Message". The page will then reload and your message will appear with the others.

How to use spell check
Prior to clicking "Post Message," you can check the spelling in your message. Simply click the "Check Spelling” (ABC with a tick mark) button on top of the text box where you've been typing. When you are ready, click the "Post Message" button.

How to start a new discussion
When you want to start a new discussion, click the "Post Topic" button at the top of the chat board page. You must be logged in to the boards to see this button.

How To Navigate Through A Discussion
To navigate between the pages click the previous or next tab on bottom of the page

To get to the last posts, click the "See last Post" button at the bottom of the last post on your list.

If you are not able to see beyond the first message, just hit on the page number and you will be able to see the whole page and the messages.

Watches, Settings and Search Functionality
Watches: To keep an eye on the discussion of your interest, you can choose to watch the discussion. This will ensure that you are mailed whenever any response is made on the watched post.

Settings: Create your own signature; customize it according to your personality. You can use HTML to make your signature more personal. To get some cool HTML tips check this out: http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=mr_plopster

Search: Search and Advanced search functionality gives you the ability to search for all the posts made by a particular member, date wise or topic wise.

Glossary of Terms
A Discussion is a collection of messages on the same topic. Discussions are also known as "threads." You can post messages in a discussion, or click "Add Topic" to begin a new discussion, if you don't find an existing one that fits what you want to talk about.
A Post is a message made to a discussion by a member who is logged on.

If you have any questions, please Contact Customer Support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_inline/index.html

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 210
latest reply
209 REPLIES 209

rammionline
Community Member
Dear Jegan,
Yes EBay will definately help u in this regard.
All u have to do is to just wait for 7 days after making payment and open unpaid item dispute.
Bye;-)
Message 91 of 210
latest reply

dakshinkreations
Community Member
Hi everybody. While doing international business through e bay will there be any protection like ECGC for regular export shipments for the payment protection or how the payment mode is safe. Pl give some idea. Similarly for the buyer what sort of product guaratee ebay will give. Is there any third party inspected goods can be sold. So that in a long run my reputation and also my customer's guarantees and everything is safely ensured. Pl also let me know how safe it is for bulk selling. Is there any restriction for apparels to sell internationally i mean if i sell directly the well known brands which i will source locally in India and sell internationally. Is it permissable.
Message 92 of 210
latest reply

ajayshooda
Community Member
I bought 2 items here on the 17 Oct. My experince has been bad, bad , bad.

The first a digital weighing scale from a vendor in mumbai was shipped in defective condition. Have tried to contact the vendor by phone ( no. not operating) & e mail ( no response). The second a sony AM FM radio is yet to arrive after 9 days. Both vendors are highly rated here.
What would it be if they were not so. It seems there is a lot of fraud going on here.

Ajay S Hooda
Message 93 of 210
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Look like this discussion board has become complaint board. If you have problems please write to eBay support. They definitely resolve your issue.

Thanks and regards,
CoolBrasCo.

Message 94 of 210
latest reply

simplysunil
Community Member
Sorry for asking this dumb question weres this going to happen***Join Open House Discussion with Vasundhara Bhonsle, Head of Customer Support, 1st Dec 5 to 6 PM***

Now coming to my question Why is The Customer Service center of Ebay an anonymous department??? All we have is email ids and all we get in reply is typical replies.

I need to know why no Contact Names or Contact numbers or Helpline numbers????
Message 95 of 210
latest reply

aroradk55
Community Member
Hello Vasundhara,
I've joined Ebay.in since July. I've put up Paintings of an established artist whom I represent, for sale. Till now I didn't get any response. Is there any scope to sell these items on Ebay.in?
Regards, dk
dk
Message 96 of 210
latest reply

sujatha4murthy
Community Member
Dear Mr. Bajaj,
Greetings,

This is with reference to the Distributors we are looking for.

Geneva Software, is a part of Geneva Group, with highly qualified R & D team with over 15 years of their research has developed Innovative technologies in the language domain.

Geneva is a Language technology product company. We have Products like Geneva Messenger, Geneva Enterprise, Geneva CRM and Geneva E2C. We have newly launched our product called E2C and would like to have a Partnership with you. Feature for E2C would be:

Enables you to compose SMS in Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, English etc on your desktop
Reach the customers in a single click
Creates its own template
Built on VIVID technology patented in US and OCT Switzerland
Easy to Install and use

We would be happy to know if you would like to have a meeting / telecon with our Director - Marketing, Mr. Amar Singh to discuss the business opportunities that benefits both the organisation. Kindly let us know the date/ time convenient to you for the same.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,
Sujatha
Geneva Software Technology Limited
Bangalore
sujatha.ts@genevasoftech.com
98456 96326
Message 97 of 210
latest reply

sujatha4murthy
Community Member
Dear Mr. Bajaj,
Greetings,

This is with reference to the Distributors we are looking for.

Geneva Software, is a part of Geneva Group, with highly qualified R & D team with over 15 years of their research has developed Innovative technologies in the language domain.

Geneva is a Language technology product company. We have Products like Geneva Messenger, Geneva Enterprise, Geneva CRM and Geneva E2C. We have newly launched our product called E2C and would like to have a Partnership with you. Feature for E2C would be:

Enables you to compose SMS in Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, English etc on your desktop
Reach the customers in a single click
Creates its own template
Built on VIVID technology patented in US and OCT Switzerland
Easy to Install and use

We would be happy to know if you would like to have a meeting / telecon with our Director - Marketing, Mr. Amar Singh to discuss the business opportunities that benefits both the organisation. Kindly let us know the date/ time convenient to you for the same.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,
Sujatha
Geneva Software Technology Limited
Bangalore
sujatha.ts@genevasoftech.com
98456 96326
Message 98 of 210
latest reply

kuttan_k
Community Member
I cant believe I get a reply from the creepy ebay customer care .there are a lot of problems to ebay customer.I recently won an item when I send an email asking I want to pay through DD and send the payment related information like the name in favor of DD to be taken he reluctant to reply to me as he want me pay through paypal or online bank transfer he simply avoiding the buyers if he intending to pay through DD at the same time he says in his listing he accepts all kinds of payment to attract everyone if the buyer made a bulk purchase he accepts DD otherwise he never send payment instruction for DD(like in whose favor DD to be drawn ) also there is no information in his listing about this then he file a payment not received dispute and re-lists his items he want prompt and safe payment method same time he acccepts DD or cheq if it is bulk purchase .Buyer is helpless as he withdrwas his dispute immiedietly and re-lists his item .I know ebay do nothing as they are only intereted in accepting money and deliver less service I hate ebay customer care keralajackpirate
keralajackpirate
Message 99 of 210
latest reply

kuttan_k
Community Member
vasundhara I get your reply but "best match" is not I am talking about I want you give the customer an opportunity rate the products in terms of its popularity in the current market . people using ebay for buying a thing which is not available in their nearby market (more likely) if a person want to buy a game which is the most popular in the market (gmaes category as simulation adventure or shooting etc also consider) he should able to just sign in to ebay and find the most popular gmae which is currently selling in the market and rated most popular by a vast majority of game user's community (ebay buyers is enough ).So he/she not require to search in game rating sites (which is futile as different rating and review sites allied with different game developers ) which is the best shooter or simulation or other kind of game .this is also applicable to other category of goods I think you understand what I try to say you, but I hate ebay customer support keralajackpirate
keralajackpirate
Message 100 of 210
latest reply