cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Each Collection through NEFT is charged at Rs. 28.09 ?

assemblerz
Community Member
Hi
I just have come accross an instance where I got charged for receiving NEFT from a buyer. Further I spoke to my bank , who told me that each NEFT transaction is charged at Rs. 25 per transaction + 12.36% Service tax. So you end up paying Rs. 28.09 per transaction to receive a NEFT.

I am just wondering if anyone else got such charge? Is the NEFT of ebay is also charged? If yes we are spending Rs. 225 per month just to receive our own money using the New Paisapay? Is there any way we can go back to old paisapay(DD system) which was free of cost to receive money?
I hope ebay answers this query that is new paisapay free?

Regards,
Rahul
Assemblerz
Message 1 of 74
latest reply
73 REPLIES 73

Hello Cochinmall,

You have mistaken a particular point. PayPal limit is not 7000. You can withdraw how much ever you wish to. Its just that they have set certain slabs in which if you happen to withdraw anything above Rs 7000 the transfer would be free of cost, whereas below that the transaction there would be charged.

Regards
Edward
Message 51 of 74
latest reply

Hello eBay.

I feel that eBay needs to have a account with several banks. Since they deal with huge amounts of money, they should be able to get better deals.

Also since they have online bank transfer with several banks. They should be having banking accounts with all major account.

Rather than a NEFT, maybe they could do online Internal Bank transfers.

Regards
Edward Katchira
Message 52 of 74
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

CAN ANYONE FROM EBAY PLEASE REPLY WHETHER THEY CAN CONSIDER ANY SUGGESTION BY THE SELLERS OR EVERYBODY IS JUST WASTING TIME WRITTING HERE. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 53 of 74
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

As everyone was aware that eBay used to send Demand Drafts every week to all the sellers who were supposed to be paid according to the old PaisaPay.

Now this used to involve costs of DD charges towards the bank and the Courier charges towards the Courier company. I suppose they used to get their DD drafted from HDFC Bank. Now they say they have switched over to Duetch Bank.

They have saved some amount of money because of the Transfer of Money through the NEFT system which is in place according to the new PaisaPay. They say that they pay a small amount to the bank for their NEFT transfers.

But in this process they still make profits for their selves at the expense of the Sellers who are the base of all earning on eBay.

They need to come to a solution with the sellers and not let the sellers go away sour.

I would suggest a Meet of eBay PaisaPay team and the sellers. Maybe mutual discussions could come to a better conclusion. Yes I understand that the location to where it needs to be conducted is a bit of concern as the sellers are not restrcited to any particular location. However I feel something could be worked upon on that as well.

I hope eBay does take attention to this important aspect that is concerning all sellers and just not a few.

Hope to receive a positive stand by eBay towards all sellers.

Regards
Edward Katchira
OnlineBookstall
ExpressMart Store.
Message 54 of 74
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
The first charge was a on 7th of Jan 2008 for november 2007. I am now welcoming the paisapay 6 transactions for dec 2007. The details are Rs. 150 + ST of Rs. 18.54 :

21-01-2008 Transaction Charges for Dec'07 DR 168.54(INR)
Message 55 of 74
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

I think ultimately the buyers will suffer too because the sellers are not going to pay the money from their pocket for months. The amount may be small for big transactions but considerable for small ones unless we get the oppurtunity to combine multiple payments like PayPal. Actually the worst part is that no body other than the Banks are gaining. Dont know whether ebay is considering something because they have not bothered to post any more comment for a long time. I think these boards have lost importance to ebay. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 56 of 74
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello Swarup,

Yes ... it seems there is little importance for the Community's Feedback.

We have just received 4 replies .... and all of these 4 replies .... more over say the same thing.

No assurance of any sort that this matter would be looked into.

POST No.3 - Just to clarify, PaisaPay does not charge sellers to receive the NEFT funds.

POST No.9 - supporting two systems (NEFT transfer and sending offline DD) will not be feasible for PaisaPay.

POST No.10 - To clarify again, Sellers are NOT being charged money to receive their PaisaPay fund.

POST No.27 - As per our knowledge most banks do not charge any fees for an incoming NEFT transfer.

It's not a matter of Rs.28.09 .... but a matter of lakhs of rupees going out of the system with every NEFT.
This amount would go on increasing in future.

Instead of filling the Bank's pocket .... this money can be utilised in a positive manner .... for the site and the Community. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 57 of 74
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Dear Umang,

Before th eintroduction of the listing fees I used to list a lot and used to sell a lot too. After the introduction of listing fees I used to list very rarely in international auctions and sell good too. This year I wanted resume listing like the good old days. The conversion rate is also good for me. But because of the multiple transfers of ebay I will be loosing almost my entire profit. So I have to stop listing again. Off-course I do not earn even 1% of my monthly earnings from ebay despite putting 20-25% time. But what is most hurting is that the managers of ebay are becoming least concerned about the feedbacks of the customers ( better not to say ebay members because members do have some power and importance in any organisation). They take unilateral decissions and do not even bother to answer to the boards any more. So why are we wasting our time writting here. Its better to get rid of this addiction. There are enough sellers who will sell in ebay whatever be the rules and fees.

I shall definitely remember your calculation - wastage of 20lacs+ per month for collective NEFT charges. That translates to 2.5 crores per annum as donation to bank. Had this money been used for food then 10 lacs poor children could have got a lunch of their dreams.

Shall not write anymore on this board because no body of ebay cares about those anymore. Just waste of time.

Bye Bye .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 58 of 74
latest reply

Hello,

Even after many sellers offering to opt out from writing in boards and selling on eBay India. The officials are standing firm on not responding atleast with a word that they would look into the matter.

I really dont understand one thing. Since they know that there is a problem that everyone is facing. Maybe the officials are working on different plans to get things better for us. But kindly inform us that you are working on the same.

If this kind of treatment continues. It will be seen that eBay India will lose all important sellers who used to be a good asset and as well as a Good amount of money as eBay fees.

Its a request to eBay, Kindly wake up. Seems like your new plans to impress with express checkouts and all other remittance has back fired.

Regards
Edward Katchira
Message 59 of 74
latest reply

3aces.collections
Community Member
Any decission by ebay to allow us fix our Paisapay payment dates so that we do not have to pay so much of NEFT ? Its so costly and waste to pay Rs.28 for a transfer of Rs 150. ebay, please do something. Soumi
Kolkata
Soumi
Kolkata
Message 60 of 74
latest reply