cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one else notice a slump in selling recently

ovisvanathan
Community Member
Hi,
Iam an ebay seller who has been selling on ebay for sometime. Of late, the number of sales has dipped drastically. Earlier I used to make 2 or 3 sales a week but now I don't make any. There's not many queries on my items either even though I offered a 25% discount on my items. Is ebay no longer an attractive selling platform or has it got anything to do with buyers buying less. My store url is http://stores.ebay.in/shantas-gift-shop

cheers,
prakash
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

nurv.india
Community Member
Hi Prakash !

I'm too new on eBay. I've been selling on eBay since the past 1-2 months. But i am facing a problem of fraud buyers. Out of 10 winners, i have not more than 3-4 serious buyers. I have a habit of calling the buyers as soon as the listing ends. Sometimes the contact detils are incorrect, sometimes they deny the purchase and say "They placed a bid by mistake". Some even say that they had never ever placed a bid on my items. I have even kept the SMS Verification, but, i face the same problem.

Regards,
Nurv
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Prakash and Nurv,
I dont think there is a slump. But this may be due to international buyers refusing PaisaPay shipping time extension and subsequent seller apathy. Which buyer will give you so much time? Some buyers dont understand english. How do you pursuade them on such complicated issues of PaisaPay?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Dear all,
I agree with you that the sale on ebay has reduced drastically. Even ebay's new policy indicates that ebay itself knows it. I believe a lack of proper policy and customer care is the root of this problem. ebay assumes that sellers are responsible for all these hence every time it makes harder rules for sellers and keeps free buyers for any mistake. Ebay should honestly establish a support unit that should hear for both buyers' and sellers' genuine transaction problem. It should mediate for any problem rather then washing its hands and saying that buyer and seller communicate themselves for any resolution. Sellers are assumed responsible for problems those are totally beyond their control. Injustice to any buyer or seller, motiovates him to commit a crime or to retaliate for that.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dear Viewers,

We are Power Seller in Jewellery and selling Jewelleries since 3 years. For the first time, since recently, the sale has drastically dipped for no apparent reason on our side. Our account manager call us regularly and we have explained many problems to her with an assurance only that she will forward the suggetions.

Firstly, we were listing about 900 jewellery items of Pure Gold and Diamond but since Ebay.in introduced fees of listing, we had to minimise listings because Ebay.com has the viewers but Ebay.in donot attract such a big viewership that we can afford to pay listing fees on 900 items. Thereby, buyers are getting less options to see and this has become a vicious circle. We are getting less sale and we are reducing listings.

Secondly, recent cumbersome process in PaisaPay. We can deliver in stipulated time but we cannot guarantee of delivery in time specially in International sale.

These type of anomalies are the real reasons for drop in sales.

Let us see when Ebay will understand.

Hope for the Best,

Ashok Agarwal
Message 5 of 5
latest reply