cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

outside india payments not accepted by paisa pay

sugandhim
Community Member
I got an order for item number 5568275565 from thebasfromkc@aol.com on 27th march. The buyer is from USA and is unable to pay through paisa pay as it is showing that this service is not avilable. Kindly sort out the problem at the earliest.

Regards,
Sugandhim
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi sugandhim,

As of now you will not be able to accept international payment via international credit cards. However, we wish you to know that we are working on the same, and this facility should be soon available for our users.

Thanks Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

jaipurcrafts
Community Member
If we can not accept payments internationaly then what is the use of listing internationaly and paying Rs.15 to ebay?
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

tsange56
Community Member
Uh, I was told that my european credit card would work to buy items on eBay India using Paisapay. So I ordered some beautiful items and tried to pay beeing logged in to "my ebay" Austria (Europe). No Paisapay available. Logging in to eBay India, Paisapay was available, but I then immediately got an e-mail from Paisapay asking me to send them a fax with a copy of my credit card and a signed confirmation "due to the high amount" and to "protect me". After some problems to reach a fax machine on the other end of the line and hoping that the e-mail I got really came from eBay/Paisapay (seems to, as I got an answer from eBay support telling me the same fax number after I sent them a question about this), I sent the requested document, but I have to say it is a very uncomfortable feeling to send credit card data in such an exposed way around the world, putting my whole credit card account much more at risk than a single transaction ever would (what I wrote to the customer support, hoping that somebody will read it and pay attention).

eBay India could be _very attractive_ to foreign buyers if the payment is made easy and secure together. The offers I have seen - especially on the textile sector (that interests me personnaly the most because these are not items you can find everywhere in the world) - give much more choice and variety of quality products than any import market in my country and the prices including shipping costs and custom taxes would be approximately the same than for imported articles of lower quality. Therefore the international selling could work fine for both sides without spoiling the prices for the customers in India and everybody be happy.

But if foreign buyers need to fax personal data on every transaction and be "parented" by Paisapay telling them what is a "high amount", while of course the price for shipping overseas is much higher than for shipping inside India (and has to be to not disturb the pricing balance for the domestic trading), the option of buying on eBay India becomes a too big risk factor, even if the items offered really are very attractive.

It seems that as Paisapay is available to buyers only when logged in on their personal password-protected eBay-account and submitting the credit card data to a secured server, this offers the same security (or even more) than most credit-card-payment systems. The payment-confirmation-email to the eBay-registered e-mail-address of the buyer gives extra security. Furthermore, the transaction shows in "my ebay" in the "items won"-list with modification of the payment icon on the right. If eBay is secure enough to use, than the payment with Paisapay inside eBay is, too. (If somebody would be able to log on to my ebay-account using my password _and_ submit all my credit card data from there, this person would as well be able to fax a a copy of my credit card or falsify my signature)
But this "fax us a ready-to-use copy of your credit card at each transaction" is really a problem, because any hardcopy of creditcard data that is stored somewhere can be stolen or misused by somebody one day (exactly like the original card, but there is only one original card and I know where I keep it and can see anytime that it is still there). Also, ebay-mails with links to click on are not useful, because customers do not know if the link really belongs to ebay or if it is a spoof-mail - most of time, you remember not-to-click-on-links-in-mails, but in a problem situation due to a not confirmed payment and getting a mail about this from the site that should confirm the payment, the click is done much more easily and this is an additional risk, too. It would be _much_ safer to just confirm the payment right away if done under the secure conditions mentionned above. So, if there is still something wrong with it, the customer can react immediately and ask ebay and the credit card company to take the necessary steps without waiting for any complicated "security" procedures and answers.

...and now, I really hope I did not log on to some spoof site or fax my data to a fantasy number trying to pay correctly the items I bought.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

shreekrishnagems
Community Member
Dear Ebay Team,
I had similar problemt,I had 3 International Orders and both the three are from USA.The Buyers are very excited about the Product and Prices offered by me,But after winning the Product they are not able to Make payment through PAISAPAY(What they cal Paypal).Now they are asking me to allow them to paythrough Credit Card.Now As its not
in my hands to allow or dont allow the payment through Credit Card,I request Ebay team to please guide me as well the buyer what to do next.I firmly bealive that Ebay team can guide and help Buyers to go ahead with the Payment through Credit Card.If INTERNATIONAL BUYERS are unable to make payment through Credit cards then the chances and scope of dealing Globally is of no use,as Today people dont have time to spend time,Money,as well energy in makind DD/Cheque and sending through couriers and then wait for the payment to be cleared and other hussles.So Ebay team Please look about the metter as I dont want the 1st Impression of Ebay.in on Buyers to be a NEGATIVE one.I am hoping for really positive reply.
Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shreekrishnagems.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

tsange56
Community Member
anwser to #4:

Hello shreekrishnagems,

There are several credit-card payment services available, as for example (the 3 most used in Europe as far as I know, perhaps others are better adapted to the needs of sellers in your country)
http://www.bidpay.com/
http://www.moneybookers.com/
http://www.paypal.com/
Paypal belongs to Ebay like Paisapay, but seems to have not exactly the same policies. Most of these services are designed to fit sellers in USA and UK and charge extra for money delivery to sellers in other countries, using postal money orders or cheques and so on. Paisapay would have the very big advantage of paying directly the sellers in India and give buyers the relative security of beeing integrated in the ebay-system with verified addresses (if it works for international payments one day).

So, if Paisapay resolves this "international" problem, it would be perfect. But if it does not, I think there will be some other options - not perfect, but at least available - for credit card payments.

Best regards
tsange

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

balajicrafts_in1
Community Member
Dear Tsange

Frankly speaking in India, too many guys are not aware actually what this credit card is ? and dts why paisa pay is demanding fax copies of a credit card. I guess that they have to learn so many things for doing business in the feild of e-sites. there are some other way to follow up security and prevening fraud.Not only paisapay but other companies incl.banks too for applying a new card demands here for a copy of an existing card. they dont know how much risky is it esp. when the India is such a poor to procecute against online scam
Lets hope they get understood the situation soon!!

Mahendra
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

tsange56
Community Member
My international payment was finally accepted today by Paisapay. I think I will now try to buy some more items on eBay India and see if it works without faxing confirmations now or if they want it for each single transaction.

Regards
tsange
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

swapnadutt
Community Member
I am facing the same problem.I paid through paisa pay from US and now they are asking for copy of credit card and the number of credit card also.This is an impossible demand.My item is pending and the seller has already filed a snc against me.I can't give my credit card copy or no.and if the seller files any case against me, in this case the system of ebay or paisa pay will be responsible.
Swapna,USA
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

myjewelzindia
Community Member
Hello!

Why can't we have paypal India with no withdrawal limits? (present limit of 2500 $ is niggardly)

International buyers can simply transfer from their paypal account to sellers Indian paypal a/c

Cant we make life simple?
Message 10 of 15
latest reply