Scammers, deadbeats...what gives?

zrxva
Community Member
I listed an item with a buy it now price. Turned out to be a scammer. You know, the typical party stating that they will send an amount greater than the winning bid kinda thing. OK, get me once...I update my buyer qualifications area to ditch the bidders who have 0 feedback.

Second time, I get a bid from someone who has 400+ positive feedbacks. I think, I've got a legit bidder. I email the winning bidder to see about payment and pick up arrangements after the auction ended. A day goes by, they finally contact me asking for my phone number. I shot it to them. Then...nothing. I emailed them 4 or 5 times...never heard back. OK, what the heck???!!!

So, now...I've listed it for a 3rd time (and this will be the last)...is there ANY way I can help improve my chances of getting legitimate bidders? One thing I have noted in my listing is, any bidder has to contact me BEFORE placing a bid, if not, I will cancel the bid immediately.

Any input would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Life's a learning curve............a steep curve.

********************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,
Only indians behave like that.Also indians registered at other sites.
This is our national pride.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@zrxva...

Why do you want to sell in the auction format, please sell using fixed price format which is better than auction and to avoid such buyers keep accepted payment method as paisapay only and keep cheque/OBT as optional accepted method(not through paisapay) where interested buyers may contact you and make payment in your account.

You can also use and set "Buyer requirements" options to its full potential to help you.

Hope you will have a pleasant selling expn on ebay.

************************** Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply