cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MEMORY PROBLEM IN CHINESE MP4 PLAYERS

pv_itrade
Community Member
Hello fellow buyers!

Many of you like me would have bought these mp4 players and later found out there is inadequate memory and many of you would have got format error. It is nothing but we were not clearly informed about the memory and we all have been cheated. A 2 GB mp4 player is not a 2 gigabyte player but a 2 gigabit player. 8 bits is equal to 1 byte and 1024 byte is equal to 1 megabyte and 1024 megabyte is equal to 1 gigabyte or 1 GB. But 1 gb chinese mp4 player will have 1 gigabit memory which mean 1024 x 1024 bits. If you want to convert 1 gigabit to megabyte 1024 x 1024 divide by 1024 x 8 you will get 128 megabyte or 128 mb which is the real physical memory inside the player. So if you want to know the real memory inside these players go to the "system" menu go to "memory" find out what is given there. Say for example if you have 2 gb mp4 player you will see something like 2015 mb which is not 2015 megabytes but is 2015 megabit, divide 2015 by 8 which comes around 251 megabytes or 251 mb which is the real memory. So the real memory inside the chinese mp4 players will be as follows

1 gb player will have 128 megabyte or 128 mb memory
2 gb player will have 256 megabyte or 256 mb memory
4 gb player will have 512 megabyte or 512 mb memory

So the memory is not inflated or deflated but we are not clearly informed about the memory which means cheating. A friend of mine who is a lawyer is going to initiate legal proceedings in the supreme court against ebay for allowing fraud sellers like these who sell fake products and cheat people. I want to see these people behind bars as soon as possible. Go for the original and branded ones like apple ipod or creative or iriver something like that and avoid the cheap chinese products.

When the mp4 player is initially connected to the computer, the computer will interpret the memory size wrongly. For example if you connect a 2 gb mp4 player the firmware will show the memory size as 2015 m which the computer interprets as 2015 megabyte or 1.96 gb because it will see 2015 m as 2015 megabyte but it is actually 2015 megabit. It will not show 2 gb because some memory will be taken up by the firmware. But once you format the player in the computer, it will show the real memory size. That's the reason why you people get low memory once you format it and the sellers will tell don't format the player.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

willbevan
Community Member
Hi,

I purchased one labelled as 4GB,First thing I did when I got it was check its properties, listed as 4Gigabytes,so was happy.

Loaded songs, started using it, till it was over 2GB then it corupted, used the tools that came with it and it told me actually it was only 2GB, since its been reformated at that its been fine, so much for the 4GB is actually 4Gigabit, as that would be 512MBytes, hacked player :S

Ebayer has been ignoring my emails for the last 30days till I sent him a last email as a curtiousy saying I was going to ebay, shall have to see what happens :S
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

melkeey
Community Member
I too fell for the scheme. Bought a so claimed 8GB ipod chinese knockoff then found that it's 1GB from seller hailitele. What he does is claim that there's 8GB of data storage but only 1GB playable, so he claims that he's not lying and his ads are "ebay approved". There's a petition you can sign here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/eBay666/petition.html

and other websites where you can find more info about these hacked players and sellers:
http://www.xbox0.co.uk/
http://www.mympxplayer.org/bad-sellers-blacklist-vf15.html
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

monty_mini
Community Member
I think you've all done well to have so much memory on your players. I bought one from one of these sellers and the true memory was 17MB...not 8GB or anything near what I bought it as being. That equates to 2 songs and 30 seconds of song 3! The only way I can get a refund is to pay for postage back to Hong Kong, despite only buying it as they said UK, not HK. Have been in contact with both ebay and paypal but it seems that I, the innocent person paying my money in good faith, will have to get even more out of pocket before anything can be done about this. Very disappointed that these people are still being allowed to deceive people in this way.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

dia1man
Community Member
I recently received a " NEW 4 GB 4GB 4G MP4 PLAYER MP3 VIDEO FM RADIO PINK".
Note the GB (not Gb or gb so no ambiguity in the listing).

First of all the player would not charge.
I was about to give up when I tried another USB to miniUSB cable which worked. I should have known at this stage that things were not looking good.

The real problems started when I loaded songs onto the player.

I put about 3GB of songs on there, I could see them in Explorer, but the player would only play the first 1/3 of the songs I loaded.

After much emailing to the company I was able to get the player software to reformat the device but it was only 1GB capacity. I have been scammed!

I will be trying to get a refund but am not so sure how successful that will be after reading this thread...

Damn u globallogistic ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

1974h2b
Community Member
What annoys the hell out of me is that I bought a so-called 8GB MP4 player from Red-Vision, and only afterwoods noticed the feedback...negatives were so small a percentage I thought it was fine...but I waited until I actually tried it out to leave feedback.
Hooked up to the computer, I checked the memory and it said 8GB, as in 8 gigabytesm total. I am not that good that I can actually find out how much it really has, so I went ahead and loaded the contents off a folder I have on my computer. I put on about 160 songs, four complete albums lasting an hour or so by George Carlin, and a couple of other comedy albums.
I left a nice positive feedback for the Ebayer.
However, I used it for about a week or two and when I tried to load more songs onto it, it started playing up...ALL the songs came up as "file error", and now I only have a few photos on it and a short AMV file, but if I try to put any songs on it, they SEEM to go on OK, but come up as "file error" and refuse to play.

Anyone with more computer savvy than myself please give me some instructions as to how to check how much memory it REALLY has? Failing that, how do I format the things without wiping the OS on it? I'm running Windows XP. Thanks.
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

1974h2b
Community Member
Whoops...I forgot to add:

What really bakes my cake about this whole deal is that I left such a nice feedback for the damn thing...now I look like an idiot...
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

kimya7505
Community Member
I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I was about to eagerly click "Buy Now" when I remember an important piece of advice my father once gave me: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Heading that advice, I looked to the "Comments" section and scrolled right to the negatives (not to be pessimistic, but if something was really bad, it will probably be written about) to see what was said. That's when I cam accross a person advisiong buyers to check out the Discussion Forum: Fake ipods from China, memory problems. This alerted me that there may be a problem, and by doing a little investigation, I cam accross this thread. Thanks again for your advice. It's appreciated.
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

witesusie
Community Member
This scum bag is no longer trading on Ebay (unless he's switched identity) but is now leaving negative feedback for those who refuse to remove their negative feedback on him, he's done it to me has he done it to you? I'd like to get Ebay to delete all his negative feedback on his victims.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

deepster_101
Community Member
Hiya everyone just wanted 2 get this out of my mind i bidded on a mp3/mp4 (8gb) for ยฃ21.00 and payed for it via Paypal i waited and when i signed into ebay to contact to know why i had not recieved my mp3/mp4 which i payed for the person had cancelled their account this is the ebay so watch for him mvpmpx(485) he may be hiding under another account mvpmpx(485) is from Hong Kong so watch out for him..
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

deepster_101
Community Member
I bidded on a mp3/mp4 & had won the bid for ยฃ21.00 from this ebayer mvpmpx(485)when i tryed to contact him this scumbag had cancelled his account & another thing ebay don't help at all, all they say is we will investigate & they don't do nothing, so i lost ยฃ21.00 & out of pocket on a mp3/mp4.
Message 20 of 22
latest reply