cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received - Seller not reachable- HELP

shadil2006
Community Member
Hi everyone,

I had bid for and won a Nokia 3250 on the 21st of this month and had paid for the same on the very same day by depositing cash into the sellers ICICI bank account. I had spoken to the seller after making payment and he confirmed receipt of the same and assured me that the item would be despatched the next day via aramex. On the 22nd , the seller has marked the item as payment received but has been unreachable ever since. His phone keeps ringing but is not being answered, neither has he responded to my numerous emails. Should I file an Item Not Received claim or wait a little longer by giving the seller the benefit of doubt? If the seller does not despatch the item, is there any way for me to recover the money which I had deposited as cash into his account.Will ebay help me in this? Any help /feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks and regards, Shadil.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

You did a mistake by depositing cash in his account.

I don't think the cash receipte would be considered as a valid proof of payment by ebay.

Items paid for with cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or any form of payment that cannot be documented is not covered under eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program.

You may write to Customer Care for help. .

IndConcepts logo7

http://stores.ebay.in/IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Depositing Cash in the seller's account is the mistake you have made. You could have droped a cheque instead of it.

Ask eBay customer care and they may help you more on this issue.

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

In such cases of reporting its better to mention the name of the seller and the item no. I think the details are as follows:
Seller : teknix_in4
Item : 9126722181 - New Nokia 3250 with Bill and Warranty
Price : Rs.16100 + shipping

I wish to differ with my very good friends Umang and Navaneeth about acceptance of Payment mode used by you.
In Step 3 of http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/esppp-process.html eBay has requested for any proof of payment. This payment has been done by cash to the Bank account and not to the person directly. Hence, you must be having the ICICI Bank receipt of the cash deposited to the account. This is an authentic document and eBay has to accept that as a proof. A Bank draft can get lost in the transit and has to be verified whether encashed or not but such a cash deposit is authenticated by the Bank as finally received readily at the time of deposit and though the transaction is instantaneous but its no-way similar to Western Union. The pity is that you are likely to get a refund of only Rs.9950 as per the eBay's buyer protection policy. The policy has been revised recently but I think for your case the amount will remain the same.

Can you please post here the name of the seller and the account details. A cheat named Shakawat Hossain has cheats lacs like this thru eBay. If this seller also turns out to be a similar one then we must know about his details.

Lastly, you should never have paid such huge amount to a new seller having just 1 positive feedback and 1 negative also.

Wish you have a smooth transaction next time without such loss / stress. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

faayim
Community Member
Really I appreciate the user shadil2006 for being so much confident in ebay that he registered , bid , bought and paid within a span of Single Day, that too a sum of Thousands.
The user is new to ebay and thats why he felt into the trap of a fraud (if at all he is(hopefully I dont think so)) but Iam sure that he can claim the money through ebay. Definetely for sure, with the Pay-in-Slip -reciept in hand as proof.
Hope to have a better deal in future!!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

shadil2006
Community Member
Hi every one,

Thanks for the replies... Finally got to speak with the seller today. Says he was tied up with something and that he would ship the item soon. Will wait and see. Yes you have it correctly. Seller ID is teknix_in4 and the item number is 9126722181.

The details of the account I paid to cash into is:
Account Name : Nimesh Chotaliya
Account No : 021101509067
Branch : Vile Parle
Bank Name : ICICI Bank

Will wait and see for a few days if the seller is genuine in his commitment. If not, will take appropriate action. Will keep everyone updated on the status. Thanks once again to all who responded. Regards, Shadil
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi,
If nothing works try to send an email to Cyber Crime Cell of Mumbai Police. They will sure be able to track down the seller from the bank account details.

Office Address
Cyber Crime Investigation Cell (Crime Branch, C.I.D),
Annex-III Building, Police Commissioner Office,
Crowford Market, Mumbai. INDIA.

Telephone Numbers
(+91)-022-22630829
(+91)-022-22641261

officer@cybercellmumbai.com

Contact Details of Mumbai Cyber Lab
Address
Room No. 15, 2nd Floor,
Worli Police Station,
Annie Besant Road,
Opp. Ocean House,
Worli - 400 018,
Mumbai. INDIA.

Email
admin@mumbaicyberlab.org

Telephone Numbers
(+91)-022-30965070
Regards
Onesimpleman
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

techchase
Community Member
teknix is a reputed seller ...
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi techchase,

teknix_in1 is definitely a reputed seller but this seller ID is teknix_in4, registered for less than 2 months and have one +ve and 1 -ve Feedback. So its definitely a matter of concern for the buyer as he is not answering the calls to his mobile.

God forbid, if the seller does not send the item then I think its best to complain to eBay thru Item Not Received link and also to forward the matter to the cyber crime dept. as onsimpleman_in1 has rightly mentioned. .
Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards 😄
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

anishkatyal
Community Member
Hi everbody,
i made online payment to TEKNIX(teknix_in1) for rs11650 for digital camera since then he's not picking up my phone nor have recieved my product.Does anyone has their contact number plz send me
Message 10 of 10
latest reply