cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is pirated software alloed on ebay?

donivboss
Community Member
Ummmm hi all

Im sorry if this is the wrong topic or something but I was just curious.

Pirated software allowed on ebay.in? or any ebay for that matter? Just curious. Coz' i'd be against it neways. Just curious ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

atulnc1
Community Member
any kind of pirated stuff is stricly not allowed on ebay.

ATUL
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
eBay is aganist Piracy.

Even I too is aganist Piracy. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

salman.s
Community Member
i hv seen few people selling pirated software here on ebay??wot about that?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi,
Pirated material is not allowed on ebay. I encourage you to report to ebay if you find some one selling any pirated material. Moreover, ebay has all your contact details, so if you are selling pirated material you could easily be caught and it is illegal so you may land up in trouble. I don't think you would try this for a small benefit.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

kashmirsapphire
Community Member
:-xi wonder how ebay would decide if somebody really selling pirated material or not?
check people who are selling digital cameras.they offer 3 yr warranty with bill.actually all the digital cameras slod on ebay come from grey market. sellers print a bill and dispatch the camera.warranty is being offered by seller himself. the material is not coming from SONY india.
sony india gives 18 % margin to dealers out of which usually dealers offer 10 % discount to buyers but prices on ebay are drastically low.why? because the material is not coming from sony india.sellers usually replace battery or sometimes lens etc and sell the matrial for cheap.ebay india is selling digital camera's at lowest prices in this world.check google for prices and compare them.
overall no taxes are paid to government so the deal is totally illegal.
same comes to pirated sopftwares.of course i agree that ebay india do not support piracy but do they have some robotic softwares to check what people are selling? and how will they decide if its pirated or not?will they go and check the serial number of a software from the software developer every time somebody lists a software? it wont be practical.
what is practical is the we shud not post pirated softwares ourself and even if somebody is selling cheap softwares and u know the price for an original software and u r seriously against piracy then do not buy it.
best way to kill piracy is not to buy pirated material and sellers will stop selling them.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
eBay concentrates more on restricting pirates software but the grey market goods are still open to sell !! Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 7 of 7
latest reply