cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Guess I've been a victim of an Indian Scam!!! Please Help!!

sumeet_chaudhri
Community Member
Hi,
I have been so proud of my purchases on ebay since the day I started that now all of my friends are an Ebayer.
But...untill now. Now all of us are scared to even log in!!
I bought this Second hand Nokia6600 from this seller called Crazyshoppee on 30th march 06 late in the evening. I paid then & there using the Paisa Pay through my Credit Card. The amount was Rs.4999/-. Somehow (Maybe due to the year ending closing) the payment was approved by my bank on 3rd april. I have the paisa pay recipt.
After that I started waiting for the seller to respond. When it never happened for two days, I wrote to him. He still never responded.
I wrote again the next day, but he still never responded.
I got a little skeptical so this afternoon, I chatted with a customer care representative on this. He said I could file a dispute right away. (He didn't even realise that its not 10days yet).
So today also I wrote to the seller.. This time I mentioned about filing a dispute if he'd not respond!!Y
et again!! He Never Responded! But, after an hour, I recieved a mail from ebay that he's initiated an Unpaid Item Dispute!!!
Ebay didn't even bother to check back on the details before opening this dispute!
Now I'm stuck with my money gone, no product & over & above an alegation on myself!!
This is wierd!!
I'm a respectable person in the society, I pay for everything befoe time!! ...here I am!! Being blamed for something that I'm a victim of!!
I just dont know what to do??
Can someone help me on this please!!!
Thanks & regards
S. Chaudhri
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

snrama
Community Member
Dear S. Chaudhri ,

Credit Card payments over Rs.2000/- will take time to clear as they verify through phone and may take up to 10 days though you have received the Payment Made Receipt Notification to your email from PaisaPay.

Contact PaisaPay payment on this issue.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

PaisaPay -> Buying with PaisaPay -> Other PaisaPay Quires

Don't forget to respond to the Unpaid Item Dispute

If you feel that the amount paid has been cleared and credited to seller account, then you can Appeal on the Unpaid Item Disputes and Strikes.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/appeal-upi.html

eBay has a Buyer Protection and I think you know this.

Open the dispute Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described Policy
http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/inr-snad-policy.html

Follow all the Buyer protection steps and you will receive the refund soon.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html

I hope you will get the product and complete the transaction smoothly. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

sumeet_chaudhri
Community Member
Hi Navaneeth,
Thanks for your reply. I have confirmed from the bank that the payment has been credited.
I am aware of the protection plan also.
But dont you think thet this seller making a complaint first & opening a dispute (though fake) would limit my ability to do so??
I spoke with ICICI a while back, & they suggested me to file for a cashback dispute. (I know one of their managers who's in the disputes deptt.) Though he suggested that I shoule wait & watch for a while before I did that.
But this is really a strange gesture from the seller... He could've replied to my mails & let me know if he hadn't recieved the payment.
I feel this guy is cheating here!!
...& I strongly believe so!!
I never checked on the rating before buying as I had once experienced loosing such great bargain by taking some time to go through the details. By the time I clicked Buy, it had already gone!!
So.. Now when I check back on the feedback score.. its 8 in total. He had two deals in the last 6 months which are negative. He changed his ID three times lately, & has made the feedback Private.
What do ya say??
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

sumeet_chaudhri
Community Member
Hi Friends,
One more thing is coming to my mind just out of curosity..
What if this is a Fraud seller??? How will ebay get me my money back???
A nokia6600 at 4700/- seems to be a great bargain especially when its "Buy it now", & no bidding. The shippin cost of 299 is also genuine looking!
Now if the seller was a fraud, who got the money & vanished.. How would ebay catch hold of him to get my money back? I'm sure ebay will not pay me from their own pockets (or is it so??)
I'm just asking this to know ebay better so that I regain my faith in the site.
As for now, I don't feel like having a look at any items to buy. I only log in to look for responses to my problem at the moment. Earlier, I had ebay open on one window all through the day & till late evening!
I was also thinking of selling on ebay at one point of time!!
But with this experience, I've lost that all!!
I would appreciate as many responses as possible so that I can understand things better.
In our country, its difficult for the cops to catch hold of a thief who's located kinda next door... How could ebay catch hold of this person who's whereabouts are also not sure???
I can take the setback of looosing rs 5000/- but am surely concerned of knowing how safe is it for a normal person to use these sites.
Since I am a well spotted person by the media, & have great relations with them, maybe your comments could help draft an article for publication which might further be useful for millions who use these site daily & thousands who burn their fingers like me!
So please keep those comments flowing!!
Thanks
Sumeet.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

tecniq
Community Member
Sir pelase dont get me wrong. But if you look for things at 30% less than actual body dont think its you good luck you are definetly gonna end up with some fraud.

The only was of avoiding such fraud is

1. Be willing to pay the actual value of a product and not just lok for something at half the market rate.

2. Look at the reputation and inquire who has left those ratings and also check what they have bought from the seller.

3. In your case you need not wait .. as looking at the price you bought it its definetly a fraud.... as this has been the modus operandi of fraud sellers online for sometime to taget people with this kind of psychology
(looking for cheapest goods.)

Regards

Tecniq

if you paid by Credit Card - make a chargeback ...
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

sumeet_chaudhri
Community Member
Hi Thanks for your response Teqniq..
I'll be greatful if you could guide me a little further..
Where should I Make this chargeback?? Ebay or the bank??
Your advice is precious to me.

PS: By the way, he just took the dispute back & sent me a mail. Here's a cut/paste of the mail:

sir i am very sorry.but i am not in city as some problem has occured.i will be back in few days and send u the mobile or refund u ur money. plz cooperate with me

TecniQ... What do you suggest now??
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

rishabh_iitk2001
Community Member
hi,
You could wait for 7 days but do not close the dispute. It is very important. Once you close the dispute ebay will not be able to help you.
The dispute remains open for 60 days after that it closes on its own.
You can wait for few days(around 7) then contact the seller.
If the seller do not provide the product then open a item not received dispute.
You would get the details at the link below.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

If you have paid via credit card then call your credit card company when after you have received the monthly statement and fill a non authorized transaction form.
It is very important you open a non paid item process for above to occur successful.
The bank will reverse the charges and ask ebay for the proof of transaction. Ebay in turn will ask the seller for proof of delivery. If you have already completed the ebay dispute process then credit card company will not dispute the matter.
I hope the information helps.
Cheers, ๐Ÿ™‚

Rishabh
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think you should contact paisapay. As paisa pay holds the payment for sometime. They have some buyer protection programme also.

Please contact paisa pay also while you take other actions. You should do everything possible including lodging item not received, chargeback, lodging complaint with paisa pay and anything and everything elso.

I really feel bad about you.

Nikanj
Rajasthanstore.
(An online store of Rajasthani Items)
http://stores.ebay.in/Rajasthanstore
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

If you have not received the item or any intimation from the seller till now then you must Report it as Item Not Received , right now. Open the drop down just menu beside the item in your My ebay , the link is there.

Also you should call your Credit/ Debit card help number or contact your Bank to know the formalities to get back the payment for such cases. You will receive the refunded amount in your card. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 9 of 9
latest reply