Buying thru ebay.com

adarsh2204
Community Member
I interested in buying a watch costing around US $ 120 from ebay.com the seller is based in US can this be imported to india and would there be any custom duty and how will it be paid ?
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Buying thru ebay.com

I bought Sugar Testing Machine On Sunday from Ebay Uk Website i got it for 1038 Rs. only from a UK Seller I hope everything may go well with the purchase and i'll recieve the item very soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Will post once i get the same delivered i hope this will help other users too :) "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

WOW WHAT A SUPERB PURCHASE I MADE :))

IT'S SO GOOD AND CHEAP THE MACHINE WAS SEAL PACKED DELIVERY WITHIN 5 DAYS.

THE MACHINE WORKS DAMN GUD
I DID NOT FELT ANY PAIN BELIEVE ME WHEN I TESTED MY OWN SUGAR FOR THE FIRST TIME. IT CAME WITH A MULTICLICX LANCET.
SO KEEP IN MIND DO NOT JUST BUY A TEST MACHINE BUT IT WITH A MULTICLIX OR SOFTCLIX LANCET SET ONLY.
IT CAME WITH LIFE TIME WARRANTY BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS NOW I DONT' HAVE THE TEST STRIPS AND THE LANCETS TO USE WITH IT ๐Ÿ˜ž

I HAVE BIDDED ON THE LANCETS AND STRIPS ON EBAY.COM IN DELHI I AM GETTING THEM AT Rs. 600 PER 100 STRIPS AND Rs. 600 FOR 100 LANCETS. HOPE TO GET A BETTER DEAL ON EBAY.COM.

I HOPE MY POST WILL HELP OTHERS TOO IN BUYING SAFE FROM EBAY. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

thokchom123
Community Member
Hi,
Just today, I received a intimation letter from the customs department for importing a citizen watch from ebay.com. The watch cost me $310 including shipping. And the duties came around Rs.5400/- which is 36% of the transaction + Rs.100/- payable to the postman who will deliver the watch to me within 3 days , they said.
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

atanumukherji
Community Member
Dear purchasers/ eBay officials,

Online shopping is the best possible that can happen in today's computer literate world. One can simply log in into the likes of eBay and Amazon.com to get all the goodies delivered at doorsteps without moving a foot.

One should, however, be wary of cheats and frauds who lurk behind such large platforms looking an oppurtunity.

My personal experience in such purchases is minimal, but out of 5 times, I as cheated thrice. The first time was a small digital camera from Sify, which did not work at all, but on my insistence the MD of that organization refunded the entire amount. The other two times were purchases from Amazon, which got lost in transit, but their management refunded the entire amounts.

Lastly, I shudder to think, it happened at eBay, India recently. EBay being an organization of international repute and population, I purchased three items, one of which was perfect and delivered all the way from Mumbai, exactly as the item was advertised {Cordless Collar Microphone 4 Meeting/Reports/Lectures 2 (Item number: 13010958377)} I compliment the seller for his excellentservices.

The other items were from Modern Automobiles for the Toyota INNOVA which I drive. The items are as follows:

(1)TEFLON COATING POLISH-From DU-PONT (USA)-for cars,bikes (Item number: 280116390486)

(2)NANO CLEAN PROTECT SEAL (made in spain) for cars & bike (Item number: 280117984364)

Despite the dealer's assurance the these items would be delivered in two days (from Delhi to Gurgaon, where I live), they took more than 8 days with one excuse or the other.

I was utterly shocked to find that the TEFLON coat polish is in quantity just sufficient for the bonnet of my car. These have been refilled locally and priced exhorbitently (much more than what is available from the open market)

The Nano WAX does not have any semblance with the pictures the seller has shown. They have sent two cheap plastic jars with cheap labels and unsealed contents. There is nothing "Italian" as the seller has claimed. I am even now unsure whether I( should subject my vehicle to the unknown contents within. In the open market I saw the original Nano Wax for Rs.745/- only and in double the quantity.

The advertisements given by Modern Automobile are 'big and colourful', enough to lure an unwary and trusting buyer like me.

I take the amounts spent on these items (approx Rs. 1800/-) as an 'Eye Opener' for myself and should the readers heed, for them also.

I would prefer the eBay management to please screen the sellers they advertise, because it is primarily eBay's brand image and credibility, which is visible to us.

With Thanks & Warm Regards,

Atanu Mukherji
General Manager (Siemens)
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

vijaypatnaik2k7
Community Member
230130508706 Seller ID TANOTESHWARY

I have just raised a refund claim on this item which was not delivered. To my surprise, I am to get only Rs.95.00 !!

Whereas I have been charged Rs. 230
Sale price: Rs. 145.00
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: Rs. 145.00
Shipping & Handling: Flat Rate Courier - Delivery anywhere in India: Rs. 85.00

Neither am I getting the full refund of the product, nor for the courier charges, which was never sent.

On that EBAY is charging Rs.50 too ensuring that it gets its money out of nowhere.

The seller is absconding with Rs.230 in full.

In the bargain the buyer is left with only Rs.95 !!! with no product on hand !!!

Its not ebay its become ebuntybubly for ebay and sellers alike.

I think this case should go to consumer forum.
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

clue_patel
Community Member
guyz i have bought around $12 , $15 and $25 items from hong kong (ebay.com seller) all are different parcels do i have to pay any custom duty for such low prices ?

awaiting your reply
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

subhasis.das1973
Community Member
Any know do i buy a Straight Razor from ebay.com. is there any restriction?

Please reply
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

sivaanjaneya
Community Member
Hi,
I'm buying headset from Hong Kong and US. Will I be charged extra?
I purchased it with free shipping
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Buying thru ebay.com

shabana.is
Community Member
Hi,
Ebay has cheated me in a very bad way. I shop at indiatimes too and find that site much better in terms of service, replacement and refund of product. Here in ebay, i bought a salwar from a seller in Ahmedabad and the product was damaged. The seller has been good, he refunded my money without complaining, however ebay showed its true face by first asking me to ship the item saying I will receive the shipping charges if I send them proof of dispatch. But, even after sending the proof. ebay was shameless in lying to me saying that I didnt mail them the proof. It is a laughable claim because now I am going to consumer court against ebay for cheating. I have the proof of dispatch plus the email I sent to ebay. They obviously have no proof they didnt receive the email because this is a digitalised world where emails are saved in the sent item box.
Message 29 of 29
latest reply