Watch stuck in custom.

vzilla912
Community Member
Hello folks.
I purchased a watch from ebay last week.The watch cost around 400$ but the seller mark it as 25$ and as a gift.
So it has reaches India as the tracking no. is showing"sends to customs" so i called up the customs with my BY no. and all that
First they said now that they required me to provide them the invoice,bank certificate and IEC

The watch is only for my personal use and so why do i have to submit these documents?and i am not an importer so how do i have IEC code and most important its just a watching i am purchasing for personal use not for anything profitable purpose.

I called up the custom again and they said it has been sent to custom assit commissioner for examination or something?

Please guys help me what can i do now?
What happened if i show them the real invoice which cost 400$?will get any fine?
Regards
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Watch stuck in custom.

kiara.electronics-2009
Community Member
If u show them the real invoice of the item you will be booked under the FEMA Act for underinvoicing and can also be jailed for it
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Watch stuck in custom.

c153niyam
Community Member
Very True. One must always buy from experienced ebay sellers and save the agony.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Watch stuck in custom.

vzilla912
Community Member
@kiara.electronics-2009:
thank you very much for your knowledge regarding the FEMA act but i dont know how will i be jailed for it since the seller is the one who decleared the value and i have nothing to do with it:>.
@c153niyam :define experienced ebay sellers?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Watch stuck in custom.

gadgetguru.india
Community Member
where are you from @ vzilla912
from which cityi may be able to help you
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Watch stuck in custom.

vzilla912
Community Member
Hi
@gadgetguru.india
I am based in Pune.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Watch stuck in custom.

bladehobbies
Community Member
Hi vzilla912 most of the times they do the valuation depending the original invoice produced by you.Thay cannot jail you as it for personal use only.

The invoice is for 25$ right the actual cost is 400$.They value the watch as per the rates in INDIA and charge you a duty and the penalty on that.Talk smoothly to those guys.

kalyan.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply