cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shipping information required for after shaves and creams to USA

manixware
Community Member
Thanks Mustufa and all other active members for detailed process on how to export individual items.

I am intending to start off an ebay shop for catering a select audience in the US for Indian shaving products including shaving creams, and after shaves. A few of these products will be branded local produce by me.

The problem which I immediately face is the method of shipping as well as the cost.

While India Posts is the cheapest, they refuse to ship liquids and creams or anything greasy as they say and that is is not allowed as per customs regulations in spite of the made to order packaging for liquids and creams as per the India Posts website.

Individual parcels from shippers like UPS, DHL etc. costs 5 times over the value of the product and hence is not very usable. Further quite a few of them also express inability to ship liquids and creams as per Indian custom regulations !!

I see many online stores who openly advertise Indian Shaving products and I have trusted audience in the US who report ordering from these stores and receiving shipments of these so called banned items via India Posts / USPS as recently as 1 month back.

Further the ebay online stores of these vendors clearly mention on their ebay store that they ship all their products via India Posts and hence there is no tracking ID and shipping is 15 days !!!

If India Posts and India Customs has these items in the banned category for personal export, then clearly ebay is encouraging individuals who somehow manipulate and violate these export laws to ship products !!

So what am I missing here ?

I am sure the question I pose regarding shipping channels to the USA and Europe are faced by one and all.

Can someone share how this is achieved ?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Shipping information required for after shaves and creams to USA

Hi,

Liquids are not shipping via Post. But you can ship creams like shaving cream, cold cream etc. It is possible that the postal assistant doesn't agree to ship your items due to their limited information. You just need to convince them that the cream is well packed in plastic film and it is water proof.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply