cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unfair Scorching Hot Deals Promotion Policy

mnongkhlaw1665
Community Member
During the Scorching Hot Deals promotion period, I had paid for an item & applied the promotion voucher code HOTDEALS09. Later, the seller informed that she could not ship the item to my location due to expensive shipping cost. Item was listed as FREE SHIPPING item.So she cancelled the order & I was refunded.However, on trying to apply same voucher promotion code to another item I tried to buy yesterday, system said that voucher code has already been used. This is unfair as it was the seller who was at fault, not me, so the said voucher code should have been enabled/re-activated again since my order was cancelled & my money was refunded.I hope eBay ensures that for future promotions,the used voucher code should be re-validated & re-enabled in the case of refunds initiated by the seller.On calling eBay customer support, she blamed the computer system.If its the computer system, then the business logic in the software needs to be changed.You cannot just let gift voucher codes be rendered invalid after an order has been cancelled/refunded.This is unfair, as buyer has lost the item + opportunity for a free gift (2 HUGE losses, IMHO).

Moreover,once seller has listed item under Free Shipping or with Shipping charges applicable All Over India, he/she should not be allowed to cancel the order just because shipping cost is too high. Seller is required to do his/her homework before listing the shipping cost or providing free shipping.

Is there anything under eBay policies that can prevent a seller from cancelling the order due to 'high' shipping cost when he/she has already listed the item under Free Shipping or with Shipping Cost which is applicable all over India?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

linusstudios
Community Member
If you have ordered the item, you are entitled to get the item, you ask the seller to ship the item, you also can warn other buyers by leaving an appropriate feedback
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Please give item number and seller id here.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

shijithmr
Community Member
@mnongkhlaw1665:
Within how many days did u get the refund credited to your bank account?
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The person from whom you have bought the camera is not a regular seller so please do not expect any kind of customer service as such from the seller, this sellers sells 2nd stuff as and when he can lay his hands on. If you want good buying experience then buy from old and reliable camera dealers on ebay, there are many good sellers.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

mnongkhlaw1665
Community Member
@Rajelectronics, Yes, I agree seller is new to ebay, not reliable also, but I am more concerned about eBay's unfair policies, methods or software bugs, whatever u may call it. To add more salt to wound, they have failed to respond to my msg @ Contact Us.
On another note, however, w/d like to know whether seller solardigicam is reliable.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply