cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the automatic bid limit when it doesnot meet reserve price

dinamani_in1
Community Member
I entered the value of say Rs 500 on automatic bid limit against a current bid value of Rs 1. It showed "reserve price not met" against leading bidders. Assuming that Rs 500 is less than reserve price, when I tried to enter 600 against Automatic bid value, it is coming out saying "Your new bid does not out-bid your existing bid ". Does it mean that the value of Rs 500 entered is final and cannot be increased ? Or is it not allowed till the current bid goes beyond Rs 500 ? But then if nobody bids above 500 and the reserve price is more than Rs 500, the auction closes without a sale. Am I surmising correctly ?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

dinamani_in1
Community Member
In the above example, when the site indicated "reserve price not met" against leading bidders, was it against current bid value of Re 1 or max limit of 500 set by me ?
How and when do we increase the auto bid limit ?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

shoppers_paradise_in1
Community Member
This is regarding the Question of Dinamani. I think what you have concluded is right and once you set your auto bid limit it cannot be changed and the auction can close without a winning bid if nobody bids above Rs 500. Looks like baazee needs to fix this problem.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

maverick_rj
Community Member
Hi Dinamani,
I think what u r trying to say is
a) U want to buy item n bid 500, but reserve price was not met
b) No one else bid.
c) U could not bid again as no one else has outbid u.

Way out is that after item closes, the seller is offered the option to make u an offer to buy at a particular price since u have shown interest in the product.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

varmasanjay
Community Member
Hi Dinamani and others,

What you have been discussing is absolutely right. Once you place an auto bid which is lower than the reserve price of the item, you cannot change it if nobody else bids above your price.

We have intentionally created it as such because if this was not the case, bidders could keep bidding an incrementally higher amount, so as to find out the reserve price of the item. And this is something that sellers definitely did not want!

Regards,
Sanjay
Baazee Community Team
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

cellphonewala
Community Member
Dear Sanjay,

We do not beleive that any seller would have any problems with the reserve price being met. That way he would get completion of his sale.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply