MEMORY PROBLEM ON CHINESE MP4 PLAYERS

pv_itrade
Community Member
Hello fellow buyers!

Many of you like me would have bought these mp4 players and later found out there is inadequate memory and many of you would have got format error. It is nothing but we were not clearly informed about the memory and we all have been cheated. A 2 GB mp4 player is not a 2 gigabyte player but a 2 gigabit player. 8 bits is equal to 1 byte and 1024 byte is equal to 1 megabyte and 1024 megabyte is equal to 1 gigabyte or 1 GB. But 1 gb chinese mp4 player will have 1 gigabit memory which mean 1024 x 1024 bits. If you want to convert 1 gigabit to megabyte 1024 x 1024 divide by 1024 x 8 you will get 128 megabyte or 128 mb which is the real physical memory inside the player. So if you want to know the real memory inside these players go to the "system" menu go to "memory" find out what is given there. Say for example if you have 2 gb mp4 player you will see something like 2015 mb which is not 2015 megabytes but is 2015 megabit, divide 2015 by 8 which comes around 251 megabytes or 251 mb which is the real memory. So the real memory inside the chinese mp4 players will be as follows

1 gb player will have 128 megabyte or 128 mb memory
2 gb player will have 256 megabyte or 256 mb memory
4 gb player will have 512 megabyte or 512 mb memory

So the memory is not inflated or deflated but we are not clearly informed about the memory which means cheating. A friend of mine who is a lawyer is going to initiate legal proceedings in the supreme court against ebay for allowing fraud sellers like these who sell fake products and cheat people. I want to see these people behind bars as soon as possible. Go for the original and branded ones like apple ipod or creative or iriver something like that and avoid the cheap chinese products.

When the mp4 player is initially connected to the computer, the computer will interpret the memory size wrongly. For example if you connect a 2 gb mp4 player the firmware will show the memory size as 2015 m which the computer interprets as 2015 megabyte or 1.96 gb because it will see 2015 m as 2015 megabyte but it is actually 2015 megabit. It will not show 2 gb because some memory will be taken up by the firmware. But once you format the player in the computer, it will show the real memory size. That's the reason why you people get low memory once you format it and the sellers will tell don't format the player.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

tauseef_rz
Community Member
my mp4 player is not able to play songs when i try to play the song the message comes that format error can amyone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

coveyaccountingcom
Community Member