cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Customs asking 42% for iphone 6 pls help

fxr_ran
Community Member

Hi, I have ordered iphone 6 from ebay usa for and it is shipped through USPS priority mail. It went to customs in india. I tracked it online and got message there to send email . I sent an email and he replied me with invoice and proofs. I sent the proofs and he replied me with this. 

The articles/ goods, intended for personal use, imported by post or air, are allowed upto the value limit of Rs.2,000/- (CIF)*. In view of the above restriction, the goods/ articles having value more than Rs.2,000/-(CIF) become restricted under CTH 9804 for import and the same are liable for confiscation  & leviable to duty @ 41.492% under CTH 9804 plus penalty &  fine**.  Please give your consent for payment of duty, penalty & Fine .

But as per CTH 9804 if the item is a gifted one then the duty is 41.492%. But my item is not gifted i purchased it and that parcel has proper invoice also. 

I have checked in online using online duty calculator it shows me to pay Rs 4,240 to the customs. 

Please check this http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/19...

Can any one please tell me what to do in this case. Do i need to forget the item and claim from ebay or shall i ask customs officer why he is asking that much and shall i give him this link 

Please give your suggestions.

Thanks

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0