cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Important for buyer from West bengal regarding Form 50

phentu
Community Member
Hi all,

Please read this post carefully. Because it is important for buyers from West Bengal and also important for seller who refuse to ship to west bengal.

Since last 2005 after introduction of VAT rules in West bengal, there were various problems for sellers as well as buyers regarding west bengal. Buyer from West bengal are being refused by maximum sellers (outside west bengal) at ebay because there were provision of form 50 for both registered dealers as well as individuals.
As a result, individual buyers from west benga were facing denial from most of the reputed sellers of ebay india. But it is not their(sellers) faults, becuase the form 50 many of reputed sellers faced lose of business due to excise attack on their shipment to west bengal. But sellers were at least 10% guilty.
All the mishap happened when sellers went for cheaper courier like professional , blazeflash, deccan360. These poor courier company has no legal responsibilities toward seller and also toward buyers, that was the reasong for those lost.

But courier like dtdc, bluedart, dhl , aramex always worked good .

But now there is very good news for sellers(who does not ship to west bengal) as well as buyers from west bengal.

The NEWS:
SALE TAX RULE CHANGED:
Link:www.wbcomtax.nic.in/Circulars/Trade_Circular_13_2010.pdf

According to new trade circular of west bengal, from now on there is no existence of form 50 , Instead there is new form 50A for importing good into west bengal from outside west bengal. The big thing is that this form only available to registered dealer.
So it implies that from now on individuals will not need to submit any form 50 which was very hectic. The only eed is a self declaration from the individual that he is a consumers.
This dAta also has been updated in bluedart website. Earlier bluedart asks for form 50 for all registered dealers as well as individuals, but now you can see their updated regulatory for shipment to west bengal.

So, I think it will help many sellers who doest not ship to west bengal now. And it is also helpful to buyers from west bengal.
Please please update your shipping policy for shipment to west bengal. But one thing this update is available at bluedart, and it is the most reliable shipping courier for all sellers.

Do not go for those cheaper like blazeflash or professional or deccan, they will steal item themselves and put the dispute on west bengal custom.

Please read carefully.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

spl_ind
Community Member
Thanks for this info. Keep posting.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

silbxx13
Community Member
I had bought a new Apple ipod 4th gen 32 Gb from eBay's superdeals_online. They are a Chennai based seller. When I had called these guy's up for my shipment they asked for West Bengal's FORM 50 declaration from me.

I was caught in the middle of no where as they asked me to get the form from the Sales Tax office. This is absolutely wiered. If i am thinking to buy some thing online and the next moment I am asked to visit the Sales tax office to get my FORM 50 what is the use of buying tings online.

I am very much offended due to to this absurd thing. The most important part of the story was that this whole thing about FORM 50 was no where mentioned when I was buying the product.

Thanks
Biswajit
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

silbxx13
Community Member
Just wanted to know on top of this, if I do not provide this FORM 50 to these "superdeals_online" guy's what will happen, will I not get my shipment.

If this happens then I will share this bitterness with all my friends....and every one knows what will happen next time to their online business...

Thanks
Biswajit
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

silbxx13
Community Member
Hi,

I had earlier posted about the FORM 50 requirement for getting any item shipped to West Bengal. I have now got my New Apple ipod 32 Gb 4th gen and that too with out any FORM 50 and any trouble.

The item got shipped to my place with in a one day and it was a great shopping experience with eBay.

Thanks
Biswajit Sil
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

mdtabish
Community Member
gr8 info ... guys buying from outside west bengal plz post your story of buying from other state than west bengal .. thank you..
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

jeevan0099
Community Member
Thank you for your usefull information.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

painreliefindia
Community Member
This is not true. FORM50A is needed for individuals also and sellers like us are still facing problems although it can be generated online but no one is able to understand the things in their website. Moreover, the WB Govt used to send WAYBILL KEY through sms without which form can not be generated and the seller or consignee does not get any SMS even after successfull online application
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I need to know the current status for buying from West Bengal, do we need to always fill in a form 50A nd send the same to the shipper?

Then how come other online shops work (flipkart/snapdeal/hs18/jabong .... or whatever more there are), no matter how big the purchase is they always deliver products without asking for any forms.

I am willing to buy a printer from ebay and got confused due to this procedure, why is it that only ebay sellers need all these documents and others not ?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

What I think is they may be having local ware house, they might be transfering the material to local warehouse on their forms & then deliver on VAT invoice.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply