cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I bought a computer from usa, customs asking from 41.5% tax?

indynetra
Community Member

Hello,

I bought a computer from USA and the seller shipped the item with USPS, USPS dumped the item with india post and when it came to customs, they are asking me to pay 41.5% of duty of the value including shipping, it will cost me around 50% of the consignment value, I saw many shipping agencies does it with HSCODE(it will be only 18% of the value), what about gst taxes, are we still have to pay the abnominal rates to get a consignment to india?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why you are so gracy of US product, US product is also made by china and they are labling as their product, unknowingly you bought you have to face problem if you are ready to accept such abnormal tax fees by customs and gst you pay it before paying cosult with an auditor this one way and the other way first you go through the seller portfolio and what written in his description in the ads whether the item is free on board to the buyer or Not if it is negative you file case against him 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

indynetra
Community Member
We are not crazy on us products, in fact indian system make sure that no manufacturing happen here so we should import most of the items, china or us, things are same, taxed at the same rate
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

if you are buying the new things directly from seller through import policy you have no problem for getting the items from that origin instead of that if you are buying the product throgh these type of platform you have to face it.   my advice is, pl go through the seller ads description whther the ads stating that item is free on board to the buyer door step or other wise you claim for dispute under the items to be shiped back to the original seller.  this is the way 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply