cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Claim rejected. Can some one help/advise me..

sannjukk
Community Member

Hi Sir,

I bought a titan watch from ebay on Feb 02. Details are below. I received it on 09-Feb and turned out it’s a used watch and it was shipped on another watch’s box. The watch had repair tags and scratches on sides as well. I paid for a new item only as the seller listed it on the page. I immediately raised an ebay claim within 3 hrs of delivery.

On 12th Feb ebay requested seller to provide update on the same. They graciously waited 7 days and on 19th did a conf call with seller and advised me to ship back the item so seller can ship another watch. They convinced me that I have no other options left and also promised me that they will reimburse the courier charges.

I booked the item with insurance on the address ebay provided on 21-feb via DTDC AWB - B18755174. I had to spend another 255rs for the same. On 25th DTDC updated that there was a rescan done at their end and provided new AWB D21665440. I uploaded the same on portal on 25th. The shipment was delivered on 26th and again ebay waited for 5 days for the seller to confirm the delivery which never happened. They were making sure that I won’t be able to raise an insurance claim as they were going to cheat.

On March 1st I got a call from ebay and the lady updated that your claim is approved and I will get my cash back on the paytm wallet though which I paid it. She also promised that they will send ebay coupon worth 255 for the shipment charges. 30 mins later she called back again and advised that there is some overwriting in the POD and needs declaration from DTDC that there was a rescan done at their end. So I ran back to the DTDC shop and on mar 3rd emailed the Declaration from DTDC that they cancelled the old POD and there was a rescan done at their end.

On the same day I got call from ebay claim department that they have not received the document. I emailed them from 3 of my gmail accounts (including the registered email id) at least 10 times and they weren’t able to see it!!. On 4th ebay team called again and said they haven’t received it yet. I contacted the toll free number for ebay and spoke with agent  and supervisor  and as per advise updated my email id and send the document again. They confirmed they received the document . On 2 O clock I got call and he said the POD declaration is not valid and they will close the calim.

After arguing for 40 mins he put me on a conf calls with seller and the he was saying the package received didn’t had the watch!. Ebay took his word and disconnected the call and closed my claim in favor of seller.

Now I am at loss of 2805 rs and the mental trauma happed for the last 1 month. I am working in a company and was constantly pushed to meet their deadline of 48 hrs while they were giving ample time of 7 days for the seller to respond. My questions / concerns are.

# Why do Ebay support a seller who is shipping a used watch on the price of a new one and listed it as new. From the snapshot itself it’s clear that he was trying to cheat an why were they not reimbursing my money and stubborn in providing replacement. How law can help and take action against this.

# Ebay advised me to ship the item back to seller (email attached) and promised to give me back the cost as voucher/coupn. They are mum about that now. What about my 255 rs which I spend for courier. This happened only cause of a cheater whom ebay is giving a platform to continue his fraud business.

# Why didn’t eby or the seller raised concern that there wasn’t any watch on the shipment I booked. He was making sure that I lose the opportunity to raise insurance claim with DTDC as he know he was cheating. If I had a chance to raise insurance claim with DTDC it would be clear that the package was delivered fine and seller is cheating. DTDC doesn’t entertain insurance claim after 3 days of item delivery. Why do ebay support that.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

EBAY IS A PLATFORM BUILT ON FRAUD AS THERE POLICIES ARE GOVERNED WITH LOOP HOLES TO BENEFIT SELLER. EBAY IS BOTHERED ONLY THERE PLAFORM CHARGES ARE DUELY RECEIVED THEY CARE A HOOT FOR THE BUYER. FLIPKART AND AMAZON TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE SELLERS SELLING UNDER THEIR UMBRELLA AND REFUND PROCEDURES ARE SIMPLE AND EFFECTIVE THERE IS NO LEEEWAY FOR SELLER TO CHEAT.

NEVER BUY COSTLY ITEMS ON EBAY AS THEIR GURANTEE IIS TOTAL FRAUD. THEY KNOW IN INDIA CHEATING IS A NORM AND THEY DONT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THIER REJCTION OF CLAIM. IN STRINGENT COUNTRIES LIKE  USA EBAY DARE NOT ACT SO CHEAP AS THEY STAND TO LOSE A LOT THAT FRAUD IS HAPPENING ON THEIR PLATFORM..

EVEN I HAVE LOST DUE TO SPURIOUS SELLERS AND EBAY SUPPORTS SUCH SELLERS REJCTING CLAIMS MAYBE THEIR IS BRIBE INVOLVEMENT AND CORRUPT PRACTICES EMPLOYED BY SELLERE AS EBAY PLATFORM IS EPITOME OF FRAUD.

YOU HAVE A LONG DRAWN BATTLE WITH A CHEAP SUPPORT FROM EBAY ONCE CLAIM IS REJECTED EXCEPT FOR LOAD OF SORRY TO INCONVIENINCE/ APLGIES FROM EBAY SUPORT IS ONLY WHAT YOU WILL GET. 

BUY ONLY TOILETRIES AND CHEAP STUFF FROM THJIS SITE AND LOOK OUT FOR BETTER FLIPKART / AMAZON / SNAPDEAL TO BUY GENUINE ITEMS AS THEY TAKE OWNERSHIP OF SELLERS AND RULES ARE SO STRINGENT RARELY OR NEVER CAN SPURIOUS SELLERS BE ENTERTAINED

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

akaushik76
Community Member
I agree. eBay is bad experience. It's almost like talking to a wall.
Big word, in reality all this eBay Gurantee is crap.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply