cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

To Discuss eBay Policies, Violations and Consequences - 21 Dec - (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Lately we have heard from our sellers their concerns related to eBay Policies and their Violations. In this Workshop, Sharat from our Trust and Safety team will be available to discuss policies, violations, consequences of policy violation and suggestions on improving overall experience on the eBay site with our users.

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager, Trust and Safety
Date: Wednesday, 21st December 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

See you on 21st !

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

cellphonewala
Community Member
Hello,

More than 80% of all sellers have been suspended atleast once during last six months.

Your logic of "intent or ignorance" does not hold true in such a scenario. Do you still beleive that 80% of all sellers are either ignorant or intentionally bad?

There is something very wrong with your department's implemention of the policies.

A seller in India is suspended for 30 days for violation 1 single policy, that too without any warning mails but sellers on other eBay sites like the UK are violating as many as 7 polices of that site (UK) and still no action is taken against these sellers. The seller I had pointed out in the Voices communication is still continuing those violations after one month.

What makes Indian sellers so special that they are singled out for such 3rd degree treatment?

Not let me get to the specific SNP and SNAD issues.

When you warn (or much worse suspend) a seller for Non Performance :-

1) Why do you ask him to give proof of resolution of cases which are 90 days old and are closed as per stated policy. eBay wants to wash their hands off the "Buyer Protection Policy" in 90 days but seller has to answer for all cases ever opened in their lifetime? The 90 days limit should also apply to sellers also.

2) Resolution for Feedback is also asked. eBay's stated policy is Feedback is buyers personal opnion and cannot be interfered with. Than why is Negative or Neutral Feedback taken as a dispute? And proof of resolution asked for the same?

3) Why are valid POD's from reputed couriers rejected abjectly by you staff on flimsy grounds? We have to consider the ground realities in India. No courier is prepared to mention complete address on PODs. Even Blue Dart, the no.1 and the most costly courier in India does not do that. A survey in the Voices group clealy pointed out that NO COURIER IN INDIA MENTIONS COMPLETE ADDRESS ON AIRWAY BILLS.

SNAD.

When a seller gets a SNP warning (or much worse a suspension), the only proof of resolution which TnS accepts is either a refund or a mail from the buyer stating that his concerns have been resolved.

What about all the debateable SNAD cases, how can a seller give proof of resolution in such cases?

There are many debateable issues in SNAD. I will breifly mention them here:

a) Products tampered by Buyer.
b) Warranty issue but buyer demands refund only, that too without returning product.
c) Buyer does not have enough Technical knowledge to use product.
d) Buyer misunderstands what is offerred in listing and expects more?

There are many more circumstances which other sellers can tell you.

How does a seller get the buyer to say case resolved without incurring heavy losses? How can you term this as fair?

Your answer of Square Trade does not really work.

Square Trade charges of US$ 30 for Mediation (which not the same as arbitration, mediation being voluntary and either party can opt out at any stage). Indian sellers cannot shell out this amount where the average value of a transaction is below Rs.500/-.

Till you have a dispute resolution mechanisim in place, you have no business warning or suspending sellers for alleged SNP.

If the idea is to improve Buyer Satisfaction, I hope you do to aim to achieve this at cost of tremendous or fatal Seller Dis-satisfaction!
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

electric_engineer
Community Member
Hello,
first of all i am telling people in india are very diffrent from others they can use anything for getting money and same is doing by listing non-working products on ebay, i am sorry here for trusted power sellers...so now further What about fraud sellers with very few ratings.They thinks ebay is best place to sale their defective and non-working products.This is very horrible ebay takes no responsibilty in case of second hand products in most cases second hand products found non-working, buyer cant do anything in such cases.I think if ebay cant do anything in defective second hand products they should stop all the listings of second hand items..........otherwise set rules for second hand items also in favour of buyers.In india such fraud sellers are giving bad name to ebay too.Second thing in india no courier company offers insurence for electronic or breakable items to deliver properly,also most of the courier delivery mens are thiefs they usaly steel products from packings.what sellers can do now to send their products safly?????????????
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

shounak_dasgupta
Community Member
I have a suggestion for the sale and purchase process on eBay. It will definitely gie more confidence to buyers if the following process is followed:

1. When a Buyer purchases a product, the buyer should make the payment in favor of eBay.

2. eBay should hold the payment and ask the buyer to provide his feedback. eBay should take the responsibility to make sure that Buyer feedback is met within time. eBay may even call the buyer for same.

3. Once the confirmation of product reciept and feedback is recieved from the buyer, then the payment can be released to the seller. Or the product should be returned to the seller in a specified time limit, after which the product will be considered as sold.

But for this process, the expenses will definitely go up. And at the same time, eBay will need to win buyer's as well as seller's trust that it would keep transparency in the processes.

The delivery charges should also be controlled by eBay with a trusted courier service. Paying a little more should not be a problem for buyer if it brings a trust feeling with it.

Happy Shopping!!!
Shounak
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Dear eBay Staffs,

Please tell me clearly your eBay policy regarding contact information. I have many questions and confusions regarding this policy.

I want to ask:

1) Can I mention my Telephone No./ Name / email-ID in any correspondence with the seller or buyer using the email feature in ebay.

2) Can I mention any or all of the above info in my Listing on ebay (under payment/shipping policies)

3) Is it allowed to mention these details to a winning bidder or to a seller if I am a successful buyer.

4) Is mentioning of Bank Account details allowed on ebay.
A/c No., A/c holder's name, Bank branch, city etc...

5) I have seen sellers on ebay.in as well as on ebay.com who have Scores above 13000+ and openly mention email-id and contact address in all their listings. One example is: retek (registered on ebay.com)
Please tell me, will my account be suspended or my listings ended if I do the same ?!

6) Please also inform about any similar policies which are strictly followed be ebay.

Thanks!
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

franklin2k5
Community Member
hello sir,
IM FACING THE PROBLEM AS A BUYER:
the sellers are not refered in ebay... they r doing stupid business n not sending the product.. after reporting this ebay is suspending their a/c.. then v wan to go for the claim of paid items. like this i faced two times.. its are specified below...

i bought an item in ebay, i paid for it. but i din receive the product, so i follwed the item not received dispute n gone for a claim. [item no - 6422341366 & seller id - rubyagency]. claim also found favour on me on 29/sep/05. til now [15/dec/05] i din receive the clam amt. its already 76 days passed away. how long i want to wait for it.. in this meanwhile another claim found favour on me on 14/dec/05. [item no - 6435876266 & seller id - aakashbangla]. already i din receive the 1st claim amt, i don kno wen the amt for both the claim reach to me..

IM FACING THE PROBLEM AS A BUYER:
my humble request is... pl verify the buyers bcoz the buyers r creating a new id n on the same day they r placing some order n not buying n not responding for us... they r giving wrong conduct info too... how can v sell... we want to wait for 7 days after the auction ends n another 8 days to get the final fee amt... in the meanwhile u r sending the invoice bill for that items too, how can v pay the FVF for the items which i din sold..

i think in this Discussion board ill get a good response from the ebay team n by others too... pl give me a reply..
Regards,
Franklin.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

sastaitshop
Community Member
We dont always get complete Contact info of the Buyer.

When we receive a mail from ebay about product purchase the Tel no of the buyer is not included in the same.

Many a times the complete address Is not included when inquired through the Find Contact Information link. (Sometimes Contact Number is also missing).

Buyers have also complained about similar problems.

Regarding Policies - The most important is the Dispute Resolution.

Most of which is already covered by
cellphonewala ..beofore in this post.

Disputes for SNAD should not be accepted after the warranty period declared by the Seller ends. And what if the buyer dosent send it back on time ??

Also eBay sellers are suspended with Money Stuck in Paisa Pay. This is deliberately done ... Sellers are mostly suspended on the day of Paisa PAy Payment release. !!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
!!sAsTaITsHop!!

:) Sunny ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All

I am happy to be on the discussion board and answer some of the questions already posted. I would like to seek suggestions from you all Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear digital_das

There are policies which are applicable to all sites and few for each of the sites

on eBay India any kind of contact information in the description is not allowed

I request you to go through the eBay India policies and now there are interactive tutorials on many policies which would be helpful. Please visit this policy and also spend few minutes going through the tutorial

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear franklin

I will not be able to answer your specific issue related to your Buyer Protection Claim. I request to contact Customer Support on the status on the claim disbursal

There could be some reason why one is paid and the one claim is still not processed and the appropriate team will be able to look into this and respond to you

Parallely i will forward to Customer Support, however I strongly request you to contact Customer Support for a faster response
Click on the link to contact Customer Support

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 10 of 16
latest reply