cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling Internationally? Online Workshop on 18th Feb

sapanagupta_in1
Community Member
Dear Users,

With Baazee's acquisition by eBay, you are all now part of a big global family of 135 million registered users spanning across 150 countries. This opens a wonderful opportunity to all of you to transact with users outside India and start or grow your export business. Many sellers from India have already tapped into this opportunity and started selling globally.

We are sure that you will be keen to know more about this opportunity and have a lot of queries regarding this. To help answer them, we have created an International Selling Hub where you will find answers to most of your queries.

In addition to the hub, we will also be conducting an Online Workshop on 18th of February, where Baazee Staff members from International Trading will be present to answer all your queries LIVE!

In order to get answers to your queries, or to know what others think about this issue or just to say hello, do log on to the Baazee cafe on 18th February at 3 o clock .

To know more about selling internationally, please visit:
http://www.baazee.com/static/pages/InternationalSellingHub.html

See you on 18th!

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 107
latest reply
106 REPLIES 106

Re: Selling Internationally? Online Workshop on 18th Feb

amarbatra
Community Member
Dear Statuseyecare1 and integrity1

To know more about getting an IE (Import export) code number please visit the DGFT site http://dgftcom.nic.in and check the procedure section. You will fins information is the requirements for filing for an IE code.

Please let me know if you are uuable to get the right information.

Amar
Message 101 of 107
latest reply

amarbatra
Community Member
Dear GarmentMall

You need to slowly build your business and need to analyse why you have not received bids on your listings. I suggest that you spend some more time to research in what sells on eBay and what are the items you should try to sell.

To help you in research, there is a site www.terapeak.comwww.terapeak.com which researches eBay data and can provide insights to an export seller in terms of the price trend for all products. Also chat with other community members on the International Trading chat boards to know how to succeed in selling on eBay.

As you are new to eBay it is important you build positive feedback ratings( like the one you have on Baazee) as this will boost your chances of getting an order.

Happy Selling!

Amar
Message 102 of 107
latest reply

whatthehell0987
Community Member
According to RBI 's Website
http://www.rbi.org.in
" following catagaroies are expempted from declaration of exports "
>> goods of software accolaimed declaration that they are less than 25000 USD in value ???

does it mean if export value is less than 25000 USD a year we donot need IEC ????

Baazee must confirm this fact and post all legal requirements as most CA's donot know about it ... and ministries donot have time to reply emails ......

and baazee must confirm is using of Paypal is completely legal ....

keep one thing in mind violations of these laws is non bailable offences and neither govt. nor CA;s know anything about it ... however all web is full of facts that exporting without declaration is nonbailable offence ... and remember you need company to declare exports with bank gurantees , documents proofs.. shipping consinments . bank details etc etc .. which is impossible for individual ..........

so better is baazee must contact its CA;s and post all requirements here .......or stop international listing option
Message 103 of 107
latest reply

24by7village
Community Member
hi sapna

are u holding any other workshop on international selling, please let me know, i am interested in selling on ebay internationally.

aneesh
Message 104 of 107
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear 24by7village,

Regarding you query on will we be conducting another workshop on International selling:

We are planning to conduct a workshop on 29th May, Friday from 3-4. Do join us there to know how you can leverage eBay to sell globally.

Warm Regards
Sapana
Message 105 of 107
latest reply

kabirjewels
Community Member
Dear Sapana,

I have e-mailed 3 to 4 complain letters to ebay customer care regarding my items which disappears after 48hrs of listing. I am facing this problem from 18th April, I have submitted the item code too. I have received no proper answer. I don't want to spoil our relation with ebay. And therefore I am contacting you again.

As I am not getting proper response from your side I have not sold any new item from 25th April because there is no use of wasting my time and money on your site.

I have already given complete details of more than 10items with the dates when it is updated and disappeared from the list after 48 hrs.

I want know you something that before we used to sell with ebay in between we stopped. Then again we have started selling through it.If this information could help you in finding the errors we faced is good.

Thanks!

Yours faithfully,
For KABIR JEWELS PVT. LTD.

PRATIBHA.
Message 106 of 107
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All,

Following on the great success of this workshop, we are conducting our second online workshop on global selling right now. Do drop in for the discussion here:

http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=100000806&start=0

Regards,
Rohit
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 107 of 107
latest reply