cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Resolving Seller Non Performance Cases, 5 July (5-6PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

One of the reason why sellers get suspended from the site, is because they have Item Not received / Item Significantly Not as described cases agaisnt their id. Such situtaion is called Seller Non Performance.

Once a seller receives a Seller Non Performance warning, he is expected to resolve the dispputes that were filled against him, and provide the proof of resolution to the TnS team.

In this workshop, we will like to discuss, the proofs that a seller needs to provide, the options he has to procure such proof and how he may use ODR India dispute resolution to resolve the cases.

Date: Wednesday, 5th July
Time: 5.00 to 6.00 PM (IST)

Hoping to see you on 5th!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have an issue for SNP.
One buyer paid me thorugh PAISAPAY for 2 items. While paying he choosed 'LOCAL SHIPPING' but give shipping address of another state. PAISAPAY FAULT.

I informed buyer and ebay about this mistake and both to refund full amount to buyer. On 21st June I got an confirmation email form ebay about refund which mention it will take 2-3 business day's in refund to buyer. I informed buyer regarding this. Buyer gives me 2 negatvie rating on 27th June and put abusive comments in my feedback profile.
I contacted buyer to remove this but not getting any positive reply. He is not giving reply to my emails too.

I contacted ebay to remove those comments from my feedback and ask them to refund money to buyer. Now Ebay said they can't remove any comments from my profile.

I know negative rating mean SNP warning in future. Warm Wishes and Regards,
Lalit Jain
(jainlalit)
http://stores.ebay.in/COMPUTER-VILLAGE
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Welcome to Today's workshop.

We had heard from our users that they wish to understand better Seller Non Performance (SNP) and how to resolve cases related to SNP.

Today we have Vidmay from the Trust and Safety team to walk you through the process of SNP and if you have received SNP warning, how to resolve those cases.

Please feel free to ask questions and make the most of this one hour.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

For the next one hour I am more than happy to take your questions and walk you through SNP Process Regards,
Nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
What is SNP? (Seller Non Performance)

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract. In accordance with that contract, the seller may not:

1. Fail to deliver an item for which payment was accepted.
2. Significantly misrepresent an item by not meeting the terms and item description outlined in the listing.
3. Refuse to accept payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.

The above three instance will result in Seller Non Performance Regards,
Nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
How eBay reviews seller for SNP?

eBay reviews sellers for SNP based on various parameters, these parameters are not evaluated on a single transaction but based on a series (trend) of transactions. The parameters are captured in the form on disputes; emails; feedback. Regards,
Nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
How do sellers resolve SNP issues?

Tip to Sellers on how to avoid SNP issues

1. Respond to buyerโ€™s queries and complaints immediately to avoid any escalation.
2. Always give your contact details to your Buyers
3. Prepare a check list for your buyer on the Doโ€™s and Donโ€™tโ€™s incase he should have an issue/ problem with the purchase

eBay will accept the following evidence as proof of resolution:

1. A faxed or mailed copy of Proof of Shipment for complaints of non-shipment. This will not be accepted for complaints of items that were Significantly Not As Described.

2. Positive/neutral feedback from the buyer after the complaint has been received and/or a follow up comment stating that a transaction has been resolved. For more information about follow-up feedback, please visit the following page:
http://pages.ebay.in/help/feedback/questions/feedback-followup.html

3. Proof that a refund has been issued to the buyer. If you sent a cheque or demand draft, we will need to receive proof to verify that the refund was issued.

4. Email sent to us from buyers stating that a transaction has been resolved. Buyers can write to eBay from the "Contact Us" page at:

http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

From this page, the buyer will need to select the following in order to contact us directly:

Bidding and Buying > Problems with sellers > The problem you're having with your seller isn't listed

5. Email you have received from a buyer with full headers stating that a transaction has been resolved.

6. Email from SquareTrade stating that a complaint is resolved, cannot be resolved, or that the buyer cannot be contacted. Emails from SquareTrade will only be accepted for Feedback Complaints of Seller Non-Performance.

7. Email from ODR India (Online Dispute Resolution India) stating that a case is resolved, or cannot be resolved.

Any email evidence must include the full message header to be accepted as proof of resolution. More information on obtaining the full headers can be found at

http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/rfe-unwelcome-email-headers.html

Any one of the above proof will help sellers resolve SNP issues. Regards,
Nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

I hope the above would have helped you understand the process related to SNP.

We will be locking the thread for archiving. If you have questions related to the same, please start another thread on the Feedback to eBay India Board.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 8 of 8
latest reply