cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying Safely – Tips and Clarifications - 10th Nov - (4 - 5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

While buying online, you might have many questions like, what if the seller does not send the item, what if something goes wrong etc. However, buying in an Online Market can be as safe as buying in an offline market.

In this workshop eBay staff member will share the tips that your need to keep in mind while buying online and will also clarify your doubts to make your online buying experience a safe and enjoyable one.

Host: eBay Staff
Date: Thursday, 10th November 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

crazyfats
Community Member
What is the location of the Workshop?
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

nirdin
Community Member
HI,
SINCE I M CONFUSED @BUYING GOOD /ECONOMICAL PRODUCT BUT LATEST VERSION FOR JUST AMATUER PURPOSE i.e. for domestic .
will u pl. guide me which brand should i go ?
cause i just inquired @new models of panasonic but could not find the details @latest version of PVGS120
AND PVGS 150 CAUSE MY SON RECOMMENED IT TO BUY .

WILL U PL. HELP ME IN DECIDING AND COMPARING WITH OTHER BRAND LIKE SONY ,NIKKON, MINOLTA
THANXS
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

nirdin
Community Member
SINCE MY AFFORDIBILITY IS UP TO 20000 TO 25000 SO IF POSSIBLE SEND ME THE COMPARISION OF DIFF. BRANDS ALONGWITH TECH DETAILS
THANXS
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

prasanthvm
Community Member
I would like to some clarifications on Paisapay transaction
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

rohit@ebay.com
Community Member
Good afternoon,

Welcome to this workshop on 'Buying Safely'. Many of our buyers, especially new buyers, might have some doubts regarding safety of online buying.

In this workshop, nvid from our Trust & Safety team will provide our users with more information and tips on how they can buy safely.

Feel free to ask nvid any queries you might have with regard to safe buying.

To ask questions at any time during the workshop, click on the 'Post a reply' link at the top right hand side of the page.

Please refresh this page regularly to view the latest posts.

Ok, here is nvid.
Regards,
Rohit,
Community Development Team

Thanks and Regards,
Rohit,
Buyer Engagement Team
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello All,

We would cover Safety Tips for buyers when buying over the internet it is important to pay attention to some details to ensure you have a safe trading experience.

I will take you through highlights of the following topics that we would cover

Buying Safely

Pay Safely

Resolve Transaction Problems

Identifying Spoof

How to Prevent Identity theft

eBay’s Purchase Protection Program

I would like you to make this session interactive and gather as much information from this workshop
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
Buyer's Checklist

Follow this checklist before you make the purchase on eBay.

1.Learn all you can about the item. Read the item description carefully. Do you understand all the details about shipping, insurance, payment options and so on? Avoid making assumptions about details that aren't included.

2.Check the seller's feedback. From the item page, click on the number in brackets after the seller's User ID. From here you'll see what other buyers have had to say about doing business with the seller.

3.Ask the seller questions. If you have any questions or are unsure about any aspect of the item, contact the seller by clicking on their User ID or the "ask seller a question" link on the item-listing page. Common questions include "Do you accept returns?" and "How do you ship the item?"

4.Make sure the item is legal and allowed. If you have any doubts as to whether the item you're interested in is allowed, check eBay's policies on prohibited, questionable and infringing items.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
During the transaction process its is very important to get information you need up-front

You never need to bid on an item you're not sure about. If you have any doubts or questions, just ask the seller a question before you bid.

For example:

What are the shipping costs?

Is this item compatible with...?

Has this item ever been used/worn/played?

Every item page has two links to let you send a question to the seller. One is the seller's User ID itself. The other is at the end of the next line below the seller info

When you ask a question of a seller, the seller will get an email with your question and your email address. The seller can then write you back an email with the answer.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

the_cheez_shop
Community Member
Dear eBay,

While the buyer protection program covers the buyer in case he does not receive the item, how can sellers be covered?

For example, a buyer may claim that the courier did not contain anything - it was just an empty box.

Courier companies may not verify the authenticity if the goods they are carrying.

In this case how does eBay verify whether the seller is right?

Regards,
Rupali.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply