Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apparel & Accessories Category - Online Meet - 20 April

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

Summer months are the ones that witness the highest amount of sales for apparels, shoes and other accessories.

eBay staff members will be conducting a workshop where they will be discussing the hot in demand items and product line and new opportunities in Apparel & Accessories category at the onset of summers. They will also like to discuss on how to make effective listings and tapping the international market.

The workshop is scheduled on Wednesday, 20th April, from 3 - 4.
Hope to see you there!

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

garmentmall_in1
Community Member
:-)Sounds Great... I have been really touched & impressed by the follow up we got from your team... with special unwavering thanks to Mr. Prashant Upadhayay. Thanks Prashant... This is a +ve and A+++ rating to you.. ๐Ÿ™‚ I would also like to thank Ms. Tanya for the efforts she took to give phone calls and answer my queries..

But alas as a seller I am still struggling... May be I don't have the patience to understand the Greatest E-commerce platform known as Ebay OR my old dear customers who used to give me immense repeat sales on Bazee are not understanding the NAVIGATION techniques on Ebay... what-so-ever I've lost sales from the BASE from where i learnt the magic of volume internet sales.... It's time you people ought to understand that if a person like me ( I am not boasting of my computer literacy but 95% people who call them selves computer literate dont have 99% of my computer knowledge - I spend more than 10 hours a day on pc ) CAN NOT UNDERSTAND that why other sellers on international platform are selling and Me ...NOT...??

I applied every possible thing to my sample listings... NO RESULTS...!! or rather few results... I AM NOT CRITICISING Ebay.. No way... Ebay I know is far ahead of my mental relam.... BUT Ebay ought to TEACH us in better way that WHAT is the common platform where SELLERS interest & Ebay interest VEST to-gether..ONCE this common interest is established..... BUYERS will flow in... & Buyers Interest TOO will be kept...

It's been a long time since migration of Bazee To Ebay... MY most of time has been wasted to STRIKE a harmonious EFFECTIVE listings.... on Ebay... but every time something goes wrong... either due to lack of of my knowledge of Ebay policies ..or due to lack of NEW listings criteria.... or...???

I suggest a Face-To-Face brain stroming session for atleast 2 Days for interested sellers ... this perhaps could Enlighten us and accelerate the effective listings.... BUT we would need Super Experts ....the existing power sellers from Ebay along with o'course the people who are looking after Indian Ebay..... I personally AM READY even to pay a FEE if you hold such a session...

It was wonderful too see that the site ranking of Ebay.in has moved in 12000's as per alexa where as BAzee was in odd 48000's... This indicates that traffic is moving in .....BUT no effective transactions means that SELLERS are not Effective... DO NOT MAKE US A CULPRIT ๐Ÿ˜ž
Make us learn ...o'course for our benefit and that of the benefit of Ebay... and last NOT the least FOR the BENEFIT of our dear loveable customers ( Though all are loveable & under standing but few are IRRITATE.. but I love them too... as they make me realize the importance of NON-Irritate customers..:-))...

I hope that this tediously typed message from me would help the indian seller community INCLUDING me o'course...

Good Night With Good Wishes to all...

Regards,

Ashish Bhuchar
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

harryfashion_in1
Community Member
Well written Mr Ashish.

Cheers

Harry
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

A very warm welcome and thanks for joining us in this online workshop.

The purpose of this workshop is to help the category team share their views about the apparels and accessories category and understand the needs of the category and the sellers.

Today we have Shailly from category team to answer your queries and doubts.

Please feel free to shoot all your questions and make the most of this time.

Before we get started, I should also clarify a few things - Please keep in mind that we are expecting lot of questions today, so we will request you to please be patient with us when we're giving answers. If we do run out of time today, then please post your questions here and we can try and find an answer for you later or you may even be able to find your answer from another member!

This workshop will be archived and kept here so that if anybody has any query in future,they can refer to this workshop.

Ok, Shailly is with us now, so I will let them take over. Lets start with the questions.

Regards
Sapana
Baazee Community Development
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
I have excess inventory to liquidate. How can I sell it on eBay?
Individuals and companies of all sizes are selling successfully on eBay. You, too, can clear your excess inventory on eBay. Auctions are a good way to liquidate huge inventory and also to let the market determine the price where you yourself donโ€™t know the price.

What is the format in which Apparels sell (Auctions vs. Buy it now)?
No. About 70% of eBay sales are in a fixed-price format, similar to retail. When listing an item(s) on eBay, you can select whether you want to offer your product at a fixed-price or whether you would like to have buyers compete for the item and let the highest bid determine the final sales price.

What kind of apparel sells best on eBay?
With over 5,000 clothing, shoe & accessory items listed daily, there is a wide variety of items that sell. Not surprisingly, new products with a recognizable brand name tend to do very well.

As a rule of thumb, a good product, photographed well, listed by a seller with positive feedback, and offered with an attractive opening price, will always do well.

Remember that buyers visit eBay daily looking for good deals. Price accordingly. We strongly recommend using eBay as a liquidation avenue - you'll likely do much better with discounted merchandise rather than full-price.

Which measurements should I include for each item?
Include the key measurements of the item you are trying to sell. For example, for a men's shirt, include these measurements: Neck, Sleeve length, Bust/Chest. Please write clearly what does L, M, S etc mean in term of chest, waist etc.

What kind of profits can I expect?
The amount of money you will make on eBay depends on the buyer demand for the item you are selling, as well as on the way that you present your item (good photographs, professional listing, clear policies, and time of the listing). Please note: our research shows that eBay can be a more lucrative liquidation channel than many some other channels used by retailers currently. However, unless you have a highly-desirable, scarce product, you should not expect to get full -retail prices for your products.

What are the most popular apparel items selling on eBay?
In general, new, branded products with clear listing details and a discounted selling price move well on the site, around 60% of sales happen thru the categories mentioned. In addition to them Arrow, Excalibur, Peter England, Nike, Reebok, Lee Cooper, Levis are the most searched for brands.

What is the promotional focus for coming months?
We will be promoting clothes for summers coming few months, also branded menโ€™s shirt, cotton products, casual & sports shoes, Indian ethnic wear. We also want to heavily promote listing in lots as that can really trigger the business for for retail sale and for resellers on the site.

How can I Sell similar or identical items together in a "lot"?
Just enter the number of items you have in the Lots tab while filling the quantity in Sell Your item page. These listings can be searched separately through advance search and would be promoted going forward.

Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Check out eBay's Help section for answers to nearly all of our seller's questions. If you still can't find what you're looking for, please use the live chat feature or fill out the web forms found in that section to submit your question to us.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

garmentmall_in1
Community Member
Hi,
In what category are salwar kameez suggested to be listed in ..... Ethnic or SalwarKameez it self?
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

shgupta@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello every body!

Greeting. Let me introduce myself, I am Shailly Gupta. The purpose of the work shop is to take you through the up coming promotion we have planned for the category. With summers around the corner we expect lot of traffic for the category. Some of you mustc have received comminication in terms of products that will be promoted. The plan is as following:
Promotion details:

1. Date of promotion- 19th April to 5th May We will run dedicated theme block on the home page to promote these identified product line.
2. During this period we will give prominent position to Apparel & accessory links on the Home Page through onsite merchandising, category page promotion, internet marketing and banners on other portals.
3. We will send dedicated direct mail to buyers and also cross merchandise it to buyers in the other categories.
4. We will conduct online workshop on Wednesday, 20th Aprilโ€™05, where the CM team will be available to answer all your queries relating to selling apparels, shoes & accessories.
5. For some more information on how to sell apparels please click here:- http://pages.ebay.in/sell/sellerguide/clothing.html
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

shgupta@ebay.com
Community Member
In what category are salwar kameez suggested to be listed in ..... Ethnic or SalwarKameez it self?

Thanks for your question. I would suggest that list in Salwar Suits category as it is at level 2 and shows on the navigational block. Thus more chance of buyers seeing it.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

garmentmall_in1
Community Member
Hi again,

Indian ethnic dresses with a wide variety of style requires custom Stitching.... we need 21 measurements to stitch even a best fit Salwar kameez leave aside bridals and other complicated dresses.... We are listing on Ebay as Small Large M XL and XXL... with standard fittings..chart at bottom of description.... we need a custom measurement form integrated into Ebay if JUSTICE is to be done to the prospective customers..... I have it on my own site but I am afraid to name the site as it may be against your policies
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

shgupta@ebay.com
Community Member
Regarding Garmentmall_in1 observation-

It was wonderful too see that the site ranking of Ebay.in has moved in 12000's as per alexa where as BAzee was in odd 48000's... This indicates that traffic is moving in .....BUT no effective transactions means that SELLERS are not Effective...

Thanks for pointing this out and closely following with site traffic.

We have already informed about issues like that to our marketing team and they working on understanding if there is a drop in repeat purchase and what is the cause of it. In fact one the top most thing we are doing is start building category specific promotions. And I am glad to inform you that Apparel & Accessories promotion is first category promotion on the new platform. We are sure that buyers will soon get activated as they accustomed to new site.

We will look forward to your partcipation in making this category more vibrant. As offline this is one of the biggest category in shopping.

Regards,

Shailly
Message 10 of 17
latest reply