Fedex parcels are getting returned

Recently we have noticed return parcel percentage has increased too much mostly by Fedex

Parcel goes to delhi and gets RTO from there without any reason.

is anyone facing same problem?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Fedex parcels are getting returned

Was this supposed to be delivered to UP?  Was told there is a sales tax issue due to which parcels of Fedex are being returned and i had 2 cases in the last 3 days...  Was also told about Form 38 which needs to be affixed but not sure where do we get that.. There is also no pre-acrtive information from ebay on this. Is this specific to Fedex or all courier, really not sure..

@mycorte wrote:

Recently we have noticed return parcel percentage has increased too much mostly by Fedex

Parcel goes to delhi and gets RTO from there without any reason.

is anyone facing same problem?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Exactly that was for mathura, we can fill form 38 , but no intimation about that

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Tax issues with ecommerce shipments and UP govt

Our fedex guy refused pickups destined to UP with without the form.

I think no ebay seller has ever filled that form.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had same experience with fedex for shipments from UP from last 2 weeks. My 3 shipments returned back to me and when i enquired the same i found that UP state govt updated their policy and now they need form 38 from us. This form 38 is to be generated by customer and since our customers are individual consumer they wont be having VAT Tin registration number and therefore, they can't use their online FORM 38 facilities and they will have to visit the Sales Tax office personally for generating the form 38.

For other states there are forms required  for road transportation but when we do Shipments by AIR facility, these forms are not being asked by shipping careers but  in UP they dont have Air Facilities therefor our shipments get transport by ROAD from New Delhi.

according to My personal experience, i dont think customer will do all these headache work and wont have time even to visit sales tax office. they would rather go to local shop and buy the needed products. 

Day by day all the state govt is creating issue for eCommerce business and these way i don't think that eCommerce business will survive. We already had problem with shipments to West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orrissa, MP and Assam for the same FORM issue, now UP will be one more trouble for us.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Does these issues exist even now...i am new to Powership process...Do these states (mentioned above) have issues still with ecommerce shipments.

pls guide..one more...doubt.....Does Fedex need to weigh our parcel before us? How do they access weight? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

yes it was for andhra pradesh mostly, but issue is resolved now, Powership working smoothly right now
Message 7 of 7
latest reply
Group details
Shipping Discussion - Open Forum
Shipping Discussion - Open Forum
46 members Open Group Since ‎23-09-2014 11:06 PM
Post your questions or comments on PowerShip. You may create a new topic and invite people for discussion
Post your questions or comments on PowerShip. You may create a new topic and invite people for discussion