cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does ebay sanction claims without referring to sellers?

99% of ebay's claims below Rs 1000 are closed in favor of buyers without even refering to sellers as if they are not even participants in the deal. Sellers more than anybody else what they have supplied and 99% ebay claim adjusters may not even know of the nuances of the product or its variations.  Result is that the buyer simply has to press the panic button and file the claim, not even bother to return the product and almost withn a day or two he is given his claim with a corresponding selelr protetcion to the seller.  I am sure most sellers do not ' selelr protection' for teh flimsy claims as it reflects like a free handout and shows badly on their account, all they want is justice. So in the buyer gets the item and the claim and laughs all the way to the bank.  The seller gets a bad name and account restrictions for ' sellerprotection' is hardly a compensation. Most sellers like me want this ' instant claim joke ' to be stopped and there must a ' cooling period' for the matter to be settled before the buyer can file teh claim and IT MUST BE MANDATORY FOR THE BUYER TO RETURN THE ITEM BEFORE HE CAN EVEN FILE A CLAIM.  

Buyers have cheated sellers and ebay enough!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

rtc.anr
Community Member

Very True.... 100% agreed with you...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Stick to your original issue that refunds must be stopped immediately in the first place, replacement or refund must be done on the merit of the case in consultation with the seller(this is as per ebay rule).

Ebay is not even following its own rule for items under manufacturer warranty, even in such cases the morons have issued refund and that too after getting this point to their attention but they are very careless because claim agents have been given instructions to issue refund for anything below 1000/- .

Point being that when ebay has covered you under seller protection then you cannot raise the item return issue so I said stick to your original cause that refunds must be stopped immediately.

We do not want to be covered under seller protection because this effects our ebay account.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have had cases where the buyer filed a claim and asked for replacement, which I sent almost the same day and later discover that ebay has sanctioned his claim as well, given me seller protection and he gets to keep the replaced item!!  I dare say buying on ebay can be a very profitable experience!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ashr4919
Community Member
I AM AGAINST ALL OF YOU IN THIS DISCUSSION.
Ebay does so with a reason.

Just tell me, who do you think will say for the return shipping, he ebay asks the buyer to return the product? You see the situation, buyer wants refund at any cost, and he is angry. Its ok if you people are honest, but you must know that there are enough cheater sellers on ebay too. The may REALLY send a broken or replica product. Now, do you think ebay should ask the buyer ruthlessly to say for the return shipping even he its the sellers fault? EBAY HAS NO WAY TO KNOW WHO IS CORRECT.
And you know that he seller gets angry, its very little harm to the company as the seller has many listings and he will call such things as a business loss. But, he buyer gets angry, he will call this cheating and will neither buy, nor suggest ebay to others.

Thats the reason guys! Be happy in all situations.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply