powership rates and weight calculation

Hi,

we are about to reach powership eligibility soon but before we enroll in powership we want to understand the weight and volumatric weight calculation of logistic partners of ebay powership programmes.

for example one of our prducts actual package weight is 4kg and dimesions are 59*11*39 cms that what will be chargeble kg's by logistic company by air as well as by surface per kg ? and what are the other charges over and above per kg chrges like service tax , ces , fuel surchage % , insurance charges etc. (please provide rates per kg for non local metro and rest of india not local).

we have seen the charges on ebay page which is showing Rs 19/= per kg for surface and minimum 5 kg weight is chargeble.our all the products are 5 kg and above so we will require charges for surface only.

This will help us to compare the actual shipping charges of ebay powership logistic partners and our own logistic partner.

Thanks and Regards,

Sidy Datacom

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping charges are the same as you have seen on the rates page on ebay. You need to just add 12.36% taxes extra. No other charges.

Also, only a few categories are available in surface mode. You can't select between air/surface. It's done automatically.

As for the weight, nobody knows what weight will be chargeable when it comes to powership, some are done accurately while some are exaggerated, you need to take it up with ebay if you find wrong weights. As per your dimensions given, volumetric weight comes to about 5.06 kgs (from Blue Dart), so you'll be charged for either 5/6 kgs. Always, the higher of actual weight and volumetric weight will be used.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for reply

Blue Dart weight calculation is high as per our experience. one dvd player which is weighted 1.60 kg by volumatric which i am selling on ebay , I ship it through DTDC by Air and they charge for 2 kg (We have a corporate account with DTDC) since we have not yet qualified to enroll in powership of ebay.

The same product i am selling on other market place where they made compusery for us to ship through their shipper at their negotiated charges with blue dart. same product when i am shipping through blue dart when i am selling from there, blue dart charging for 3 kg.

Reate wise not a much diffrence between our negotiated corporate accounts rates with DTDC and Blue dart (Blue dart is cheaper by 10%)

But benefit with DTDC to us that their office is next to our office so even  if sell a product on ebay at 8.00 pm also it get booked in same day shipping since their cut off time is 8.30 p.m.

where in Blue dart I have to call them , taking a token number and a person who is coming in our area to collect the product is working as part timer in blue dart (2.30 pm to 9 pm) so if you are lucky than will come on same day other wise next day evening.

Regards ,

Sidy datacom

Message 3 of 3
latest reply