cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need pre-approval to sell in "Movies and Music" category?

nshadab
Community Member
Hello All
I am new Here , I want to sell NEW ORIGINAL CDs in the "Movies and videos" Categeory. But It says i need pre-approval to sell in this category. Can Any one help me to find from where i can get this approval.

Kind Regards, Shadab'
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

To sell in Movies and Music categories in India, you need to be pre-approved from eBay team.

Contact eBay, They will tell you the procedure how to go ahead with selling in these categories.
http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi nshadab,

In order to sell in Movies adn Music category, you may write to reincategory@ebay.com.

Thanks for bringing this topic to our notice. The concerned team will also add the requisite message in the SYI form.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

srshenoy
Community Member
But what these replies are not mentioning, is that you need to print a declaration in Rs 100 stamp paper, format which they will give you, saying that you are selling only originals and you are responsible for the copyright violation blah blah. So this policy really doesnt help to sell CDs of less quantity, or used CDs, since the cost of that stamp paper and sale fees will eat up whatever money you got from the sale
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi srshenoy,

To clarify, the stamp paper is one time activity. You will not need to send the stamp paper each time you list or sell. We believe that it is important for the category to be restricted so that it helps us fight piracy.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 5
latest reply