cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting Neutral feedback from New Buyers - a BIG BIG problem !!

Hi all,

i wish to draw your kind attention to the feedback system of ebay , which is really not so good now as it used to be sometime back.

the buyers are taking a good advantage of this system by harassing the genuine sellers who sell at most reasonable prices.

Most of the new buyers with 0 or less than 5 feedback leave neutral or negative feedback without considering the impact of their feedback on seller's profile. And in most of the cases, the feedback left by them is not as per the actual quality or service given by the seller.

The sellers should also be allowed to leave a negative or neutral feedback for the buyers. Moreover, the new buyers with 0 or less than 5 feedbacks should not be allowed to leave neutral or negative feedback without contacting the seller through ebay messaging system. the buyers should contact the seller at least once before leaving their neutral or negative feedback.

it should be made a mandatory action for the buyers to contact the seller through ebay messaging system at least once before leaving a neutral or negative feedback and the buyer should only be allowed to leave the feedback after at least 48 hours of sending the message so that the seller gets enough time to reply.

in most of the cases,the sellers are always ready to replace the item or refund the full payment. then why should they get negative or neutral feedback without any fault?

If the buyer contacts the seller with the problem, then genuine seller will definitely cooperate and will satisfy the buyer.

i request all genuine ebay sellers to put their experiences and advice in this post thread so that ebay comes to know what is going on here and how are sellers being harassed.

best wishes,

muteyaar
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hi Friend,

You are right. I have also received some neutrals from last 2 months. Some nonpaying buyers mentions in feedback that "YET TO PAY FOR PRODUCT" . Also some mentions low quality even if product sold at 55 Rs. Whos real cost is 150...Really the feedback system creating lots of trouble & buyers are taking advantage of it.

regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
Sir @muteyaar and @rhtdm Please visit this link and help the discussion where by we sellers are bringing some nice brainstorming ideas how to weed out the non-genuine buyers -ve or neutral feedbacks,Also eBay sud introduce neutral feedbacks also in EBAy community court to fight it out,please do brainstorm here Sirs.http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007604
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

you are absolutely right..even just few months before..i also started the topic regarding neutral feedback..i think this is the time ebay should think and introduce neutral feedbacks in Community court else give us atleast 100 feedback revision request in a year....
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I got a neutral from a new buyer (Sept-2010) who purchased a 72 CD case for 99/- and says that he expected quality like CaseLogic type. Can you beat it ????????????????
RajElectroniks
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes, That is a good idea...

Neutral feedback should also be introduced in the community court just like the negative feedback.

For a negative feedback, we can fight the case in community court and we mostly win as being the genuine sellers. but what can we do about the neutral feedback? it is more dangerous than a negative feedback.

Any more suggestions from genuine sellers are welcome.....

best wishes,

muteyaar
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

See this classic case of a new buyer who have given 4 Neutral and Negative in 1 day for all his transactions on ebay

hosting by TinyPic
RajElectroniks
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

There are many problem regarding feedback.once i have faced a problem .The buyer told me he want discount.if i hav nt provide it he wil leave me a bad feedback.i reported it to ebay.and they sent him that if he do like tat again he may remove from ebay.if you face a problem like tis please report it to ebay with the mail reference number
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

More and more new buyers are becoming a menace to sellers by giving irresponsible and unfair Neutral and Negative feedback. There is no system in place by ebay to refer such unfair cases and the CRF setup for this purpose is become completely useless and redundant since ebay hired people are closing these cases even without reading a single line who I am sure cannot read or write or understand English.

Along with this menace one more problem is the arrogant and very very careless behavior of the buyers. I have had a case of 2 recent very unfair Neutral feedback where both the buyers have been very careless in giving the feedback. When I spoke to both of them their behavior on the call was so arrogant as if the seller is a beggar on the road begging for alms or even worst. Both these buyers where 100% aware of our replacement system in place as we send out very detailed and comprehensive mails to all our buyers but they very promptly gave unfair feedback. They are in fact so careless and so so arrogant that when I have offered to keep the product and also get a refund still they have not agreed to revise the feedback, they do not answer the phone nor answer emails. What should a seller do in this case. As a seller I am know 100% that I am not at fault for these feedback as the reason cited bv the buyers is completely frivolous and useless. I think ebay should have some answers for such buyers and such situations.

Please refer to this topic (http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500008584) which I had posted and this idea must be implemented by ebay immediately. I sincerely request ebay to put this suggestion in use as they lose nothing in it but sellers will get a lot of relief from such cases.
StopandShop
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

6805lon
Community Member
I thought sellers might like some reassurance from a buyer:

If a seller has negative feedback, I always look to see what has been said as does everyone else I know. It is well known that buyers leave unfair negative or neutral feedback (the same on Amazon and other shopping sites) often because they ordered the wrong product or didn't check compatibility or didn't read the description properly. These people just look stupid to me and I take no notice of their feedback.

On the otherhand, I have won two items over the last twelve months described as new and unused which clearly weren't. One showed wear and tear (I assume from being frequently through the dishwasher) and the other had cat hairs and ingrained dust inside. I did not leave negative feedback as on reflection I felt they were OK for the price I'd paid although I was disappointed not to have won the bargain I had thought. I opted to not leave feedback.

I have only left negative feedback once when the item was described as excellent condition and full working order when in fact it was dirty, yellowed from sun exposure and had a missing part. Even then, I only left negative feedback because when I emailed the seller they sent a rude dismissive reply.

Since you have no control over which buyer wins the auction I don't see the point of buyer feedback from that point of view. However, since they may want to sell something later then I think their potential buyers might like to be warned that they do not deal fairly so maybe feedback on buyers might be useful from that point of view.

I think ebay should at the very least send a reminder to anyone who acts unfairly about the purpose of feedback - ie it is not a product review it is a rating of the transaction.

Since the seller I left negative feedback reacted by sending me rude hassling emails attempting to browbeat me into changing my feedback, I think ebay could do with reminding some sellers that this is not an appropriate use of the messaging system either.

So basically, it could be argued that ebay do not do enough to protect sellers or buyers from misuse or abuse of the feedback system.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply