ebay role on feedback extortion

i have been selling on ebay since 2011 & without any problem, i was having a great experience selling since only last week, i had been offended & harrased on phone/ebay messages by a buyer .

it was clearly a case of feedback extortion.the buyer purchased the wrong product by mistake & requested another one in place of it.as a co operative seller,i agreed to it .

after payment,he asked for a product of Rs.1800 when he actually purchased a product of Rs.1375.

When asked for the difference amount,the buyer asked me to send the product without asking for it.

the conversation turned ugly when the buyer called me up & started using offensive language.

as seen in the messages,he clearly threatens to report against me .

now he has left a negative feedback.the refund was initiated on the day he asked for cancellation of the products.

when reported to ebay regarding the whole feedback extortion,ebay has clearly supported the buyer and says it doesnt meet the criteria.

i want to know from other sellers on ebay whether my case is genuine or not. i have a small business and for past 3 years i have tried hard to maintain a 100% rating successfully on ebay .

now,one buyer appears and ruins it without any genuine reason.

i had full confidence on ebay to intervene and atleast take a note of this incident. but to my surprise,ebay is OK with it!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You must be having an account manager. Talk to him regarding this. Persist with ebay. They should remove feedback.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ebay has changed feedback removal policy. They no longer remove or reverse any feedback left by buyer even if there is a follow up comment or M2M communication. This is has started creating issues now .

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes all seller facing same problem,many buyers dont know whats the purpose of leaving feedbacks.buyer leaving negative feedbacks for silly reasons and also without contacting sellers.

Ebay must change the policy and support sellers to do business in ebay.if all sellers lost the feedback rating means then who will sell items in ebay.

Ebay is running by seller profit only,so ebay must help seller to continue business .... 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Right.

Ehay Hopeless Feedback Removal Policy is a worst and it will cost to ebay only.

I think one reason ebay changed its policy bcoz he want all seller to come under same remittance policy. Currently Top rated are getting remittance twice so Nathani Want to Take all under one roof at least for remittance.

If Feedback policy changed then no meaning of provide resolution to buyer as feedback will remain there always.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Even after sending the product on time, coordinating with the shipping company fo rdelivery the Customer gives negative feedback. need a way out of this

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Nowadays ebay is not a good platform for sellers,In powership they are chaging 10 times more than actual weight.till now no solution from powership.total loss with powership. 80% of my orders are mis calculated !!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

TO SOME EXTENT, THE POLICY IS GOOD AS SOME BUYERS PURPOSEFULLY LEAVE FEEDBACK TO GET THE MONEY BACK AND THEN REMOVE THE FEEDBACK BY M2M OR FOLLOW UP COMMENT.

BUT IT DOES TAKE A TOLL ON GENUINE PROBLEM BUYERS AS WELL. SELLERS WHO ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS WILL ALWAYS TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM OF THE BUYER, BUT IF EBAY SAYS THEY WILL NOT REMOVE THE FEEDBACK AS A POLICY DECISION, SELLERS WILL NOT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN RESOLVING BUYER ISSUES AT ALL IF THEY RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

ON ONE SIDE, EBAY HAS CHANGED FEEDBACK POLICY AND ON THE OTHER SIDE, EBAY GUARANTEE REMAINS THE SAME WITHOUT A CHANGE. IT IS ONLY THE SELLERS WHO ARE ON THE LOOSING GROUND.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply