ebay fee

why the fee is deducted at two places
1.at @activity invoiced@ in my account: as and when we make listing and when the item sold the fee is added in activity invoiced. we pay that ebay fee every month. if we dont pay they hold our account activity.
2. the same amount is again deducted when the remittance is done i.e when our money is sent to us they again deduct the same amount. one can check it from their invoice.at "account balance" in "my paisapay summery"
this way the ebay deduct twice amount of fees from sellers.
please check & reply back if i am mistaken.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebay fee

Hello Shikha

There are two types of fees charged by ebay

1.) Final value fee- This fee is charged if your item is sold. This is the fee you have to pay to the ebay. This range from 1% to 5% to 7% etc of the value of item and depend upon the category you select.

2.) Paisapay comission- This is the amount ebay deducts from your payment. It is 4.5% and taxes. If you offer emi option as well it is 6% and taxes.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

that means ebay charges on an average more than 10% commission isn't that too high in such a severe completion when margins are too low how sellers are surviving
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

I do not know about other websites but have read that ebay has less commission compared to others!

The paisapay charge i.e. 4.5% and tax is somewhat fair.

For some categories the final value fee is as high as 7%. Even I am surprised how sellers have competitive prices after deducting the commission and also the shipping.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

10 % commision is not that high

Ebay spends a lot of money on advertising etc
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

kriti165
Community Member
I am new to ebay. I want to sell diamond jewelleries through ebay..
*what are fees for that?
*insertion is free?
*on what basis, they calculate fees?
*are there chances to grow business by selling jewelleries through ebay?
**Thank you.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

I HAVE ONE MORE QUESTION
WHY DONT EBAY DEDUCT ALL FEES FROM THE ITEM SOLD AMOUNT WHICH IS RETAINED BY EBAY FOR A LONG TIME OR TILL THE RECEIPT OF ITEM BY BUYER.
THE COMMISSIONS ARE DEDUCTED AUTOMATICALLY BUT
THE PAYING OF PAISA PAY FEES AND LISTING FEES IS VERY PAINING PROCESS AND HAS TO BE PAID PERIODICALLY THROUGH CREDIT CARD OR CHECK.IF WE GET DELAYED FOR PAYING THE SAID FEES WELL IN TIME OUR ACCOUNT ARE HELD DOWN SUSPENDED CAUSING UNNECESSARY TENSIONS FOR SELLER. IF THERE WOULD BE THE OPTION OF AUTOMATIC DEDUCTION OF ALL FEE AMOUNT FROM THE AMOUNT OF SOLD ITEM WHICH IS RETAINED AT EBAY. THAT WOULD BE GREAT HELP.
I MEAN ALL FEES INCLUDING PAISAPAY FEE, LISTING CHARGES, COMMISSION, SHOP FEES, ETC. SHOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM THE SALE AMOUNT.
I APPRECIATE SELLER'S WORTHY COMMENTS
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

Hello Shikha

Please note that using all caps on internet is considered as shouting and is not advisable.

As far as the question is concerned paisapay fees is automatically deducted while all other fees have to be paid.

The reason behind this can be the difference in nature of charge when it comes to accounting.

I guess both these charges are different in nature and are shown differently in accounts.

That might be the reason ebay commission is not automatically deducted from the paisapay transaction.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ebay fee

shikha

Sellers are surviving :-).

Items are sold considering the ebay charges
Message 9 of 9
latest reply