cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can any clown of the world sell indian products?

i have seen that many non-indian sellers from USA,Australia,Germany,nepal,thailand etc have made a lot of money by selling indian products while the local sellers of india are working for peanuts. If any body wants to sell native american indian products they must be registered and there are lots of rules about who can list such items on ebay USA. Don't such rules exist for our Indian procucts? Can any clown of the world cash on with the word "India" or degrade india selling suspicious items which we never even heard of or don't belong to our culture or tastes? Your opinions on this subject are invited.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

sareewholesale
Community Member
hi citygold
Your point of people using things that dont belong to our taste or hurt our culture is valid
but your overall observation seems unwarranted
I dont see anybody stopping us to sell on ebay usa / germany etc ??.

India and its people are seen and treated more respectfully than ever in history now
yet you want to see only the negative things , handwork of a few micreants ??
its the way at which we look at things
Haven't indian entrepreuners cashed on in selling jeans / Serving pizzas / creating softwares / Bottling Colas ??

People Of Indian Origin settled in foreign lands Have made a fortune out of selling papads , pickles and tandoori chicken .

Being in love with india is not bad , but channelise the thinking in a productive manner
things are not as bad as they seem ....
extract something positive from your observation.
Best of luck
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,
First India is unbeatable in cutstones and ethnic wear and handicrafts.
Second Indian businessmen are basically honest.
Third factor is the traditional items are forced to take a backseat in competition from chinese goods.
Fourthly eBay cant help even if it wishes to,because it has to highlight the market trend.
Fifth factor is Indian sellers are scared of PayPal.This factor only PayPal can take care of.But PayPal does not care really.The great PayPal.
So let the other nations take care of or,should I say,cash in,INDIA.
LET US WATCH HELPLESSLY.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi,
In Jerusalem there is a wailing wall.Jews cry there.
Let me cry little bit.
I see in myebay my sold items ::153 and unsold items::144 and I sell stamps.Good result?Yes.Definitely.
India is a goldmine of philatelic items.If you browse dot com,you will see the top pick is Indian stamps.Here stamp is tagged with coin.
Ebay cant help,because stamp is a low value item.Most of the poor stamp sellers are going to be stripped of PS status in dec.
Indian philatelists command very high respect internationally.That aspect will remain,PS or nonPS.So forgive please me if I feel like crying.No regrets.
The market will follow its rule where money power is supreme.Who cares for merit!!None.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 4 of 4
latest reply