Why eBay is not removing feedback now days?

AGAINST EBAY POLICY

(FORM AGAINST EBAY POLICY OF NO FEEDBACK REMOVAL)

We sellers are partners/stakeholder/well-wishers of eBay but during last few weeks we are facing various difficulties because of Negative feedbacks, some are losing customer, Top Rated Status and Power seller status. Previous eBay policy for feedback was better, we understand importance of feedback but same becomes misleading if not correct. Ebay.in is also facing many difficulties like busy care, fighting sellers and decreasing sales.

Following Frequently Asked Questions will explain our problems:

Q1 How this policy will affect eBay sales?

A1 Seller cannot convince buyer directly like in Non virtual Retail sector ,promote their product physically showing it to buyer, for us feedback is only the way to promote and negative feedback is Negative marketing

Q2 Is the Seller only Culprit?

A2 Seller is not always Fraud/Clever Buyer can be Fraud. If a buyer buy a product form seller damage it during use and give negative no one can check him if he is lying or not. He just feedback “damaged “and we even after refunding cannot remove feedback (with his consent)

Q3 What is Seller’s Motivation to Claim resolution?

A3   Earlier sellers have personal interest to claim resolution, even seller satisfy the buyer outside the eBay by resolving their issue. Now seller is not even trying because if buyer says “I want to remove my Feedback” the eBay policy is very strict. If we say not all sellers are doing this but those who do should be appreciate/motivate

Q4 Is the seller not launching new products?

A4 Yes, it is true. If I am a mobile back cover seller I cannot check every product by installing it I have to believe my importer. Earlier we launch a new product and sell it with no fear because we know we will resolve the issue. Now mistake is a crime and eBay doesn’t forget crime  

Q5 Does eBay wants to sell manufacturer warranty product?

A5 Yes, we think so because after amazon entering in Indian market eBay is in a worry but you can’t be amazon in one day. Ebay has its own USP good sellers

are registering good sales growth even during flipkarts billon day sales. If eBay is worried sellers should know such thing as we are partners.

Q6 If the Buyer doesn’t know how to use the product?

A6 Yes, we can’t forget other issues in which both seller and buyer remains innocent. We can’t explain everything in listing if buyer is a layman or unprofessional he will face issues during the use. We can’t train a buyer to use the product and if we get a negative for this reason it should be removed.

Q7 How should a policy Amendment takes Place?

A7 Ten people sitting in one room can’t decide the fate of 40,000 Sellers which are big income source of eBay. We are in age of information and technology eBay can conduct digital voting Like For and Against buttons on special window regarding special Amendments, Rights, Policy, Deals ,Promotion, Rates and Quality

Q8 If the buyer approach for claim is wrong?

A8 In some cases buyer may be frustrated (Like Case in Q6) and chose the wrong way. Now buyer wants his/her money back, he will first feedback the product (A Frustrated buyer can be Clever/lire/Blackmailer), Open claim or Threaten the Seller for feedback. Seller will be easily threatened if such policy is in action.

Q9 Is the seller loosing Trust in eBay?

A9 The department like Trust and Safety has no meaning if eBay start amending policy this way. Ebay is an Agent or Market Place and Market Incomplete without Both seller and buyer. Seller side and Buyer Side should be balanced. Sellers on eBay are start moving to other market place like Amazon where is Sales growth, 24x7 care, Aggressive Advertisement, Timely offers and Ease of Business

Q10 What if buyer give wrong feedback buy mistake or someone is playing tricks?

A10. Buyer can realise his mistake but till then there is no way for improvement. Someone can ruin seller’s hard work for so many days intentionally. Actually it is very easy now to affect any seller’s rating

Now policy is so strict that a murder even after punishment is a murder or like Tattoo a person that his is a criminal. There are various difficulties which sellers are facing and should be answered by eBay. EBay was first choice for seller not because of name but system. EBay can improve quality by limiting Number of seller account or Joining New seller only by invitation of old seller or

Freezing some amount of new seller on eBay various method can be implement to remove cheap sellers But this policy is waste time and decrease Sales directly.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I completely agree & support all your points. Becoz of eBay's new feedback policy its become very very difficult for sellers to maintain their reputation which we earn by our continuous hard work & service. I also doubt whether this new feedback policy is implemented by hearing to ideas of some eBay representatives who have been bribed by ebay rivals so that ebay losses its sellers & who in turn join their portal.

I really have no idea whats going on in eBay. But the way eBay is going, its surely goona land no where. Its a completely un- professional policy for which ebay may have to pay a cost by lossing its sellers & also the buyers wont be interested to buy products from eBay after seeing so many negative feedbacks of a seller. I still don't understand whose advice did eBay follow that it implemented such a distructive feedback policy.

I don't know how will eBay bring its old & perfect feedback policy back becoz it has also made changes in its evaluation program which is calculated on transaction defect rate & which also counts negative feedback as defects. I don't know what goona happen in next few months. Just thinking about it brings a feeling of insecureness & sadness.

Hope everything turns back to normal like before on eBay. All sellers please do express your views here on the new feedback policy.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I am a new seller on ebay and I have also been harassed by fraudulent sellers multiple times. I'd mention a couple of them here.

I got an order for a solar garden lamp from
a buyer who told me he wanted to order the product as a sample for his bulk purchase. I was new and keeping every buyer happy was the only motive, so I did not understand that selling to competing buyers is not the best idea.

The product was waterproof, and I never faced any issue in more than 100 pcs I sold previously, locally and on ebay, still I received a negative feedback from the jerk that product turned on then didnt and water went inside it.. He did not even care to notify me once that he was not satisfied. He was rude and arrogant and even compared me to his ex when I tried to contact him.

Then came the twist, he contacted me saying he can approve feedback revision if I issue him refund. Amount was only 350 so I agreed,I told him I'd do him refund via mobile recharge but he wanted refund only through ebay. I agreed to that, then he claimed item not received and he got refund in 7 days. I did not produce any POD as per our agreement.

After that I sent him a feedback revision request which he ignored.

I sent him several mails and sms'es and ebay messages but to no avail.

He had done 3 damages to me in one go. Got product for free, gave me defect for non delivery and another defect for the negative feedback as well.

When I reached ebay regading this they were blatantly in support of the buyer and even when I told them that the negative feedback is against ebay rules 'as buyer had blackmailed me by asking refund for feedback revision' he did not agree and did not remove feedback. And I'm 100 percent sure that guy was a liar who just had a motive to hurt my 100 pc positive feedback.

Another time a buyer typed in wrong address in paisapay and left me a negative feedback for non delivery even after I had told him
That delivery attempt for item was made in time but address was wrong, I lost my item too, but ebay still approved him refund and it took me a long time to convince the t&s exec to remove the feedback.

I think ebay should make it mandatory for buyers to contact the seller first before leaving a negative feedback.. That will be more beneficial for the seller.

Some buyers are misusing the feedback system while others are abusing the ebay gurantee, which is also blatantly partial towards the buyer.. Ebay earns commission buyers get refunds.. Only us sellers suffer..

but ebay should understand that if there are no sellers there won't be many buyers too..
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Very true ebay is earning...buyers get their refund...only sellers are suffering. Believe it or not 1 buyer gave me negative feedback without even paying for that item and ebay cud not do a s*t abt it. Buyers provide wrong address wrong mobile no and then leave negative feedback for delivering late.

Worst thing is ebay policies are allowing all this nonsense. Ebay customer service is getting worst day by day. I am not getting many alerts which infact are autogenerated.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

i truly agree with you and support

i thin after success of flipkart and amazon...ebay has gone **************************

Message 5 of 5
latest reply