Where are the new buyers headed ?

goodluck_gems
Community Member
In this post I am speaking for myself. Till the time of writing this, 7 out of total 11 of my current listings show high bidders who are zero-rated. Most from them have registered within 1 to 3 days.

Another scenario! 11 high bidders who have won my auctions in current week are again new bidders with zero-ratings. After sending a welcome message & Diwali greetings to all of them and waiting for a couple of days, I mailed a polite reminder requesting payment so that shipping is not delayed. No response so far from all but one.

The buyer who responded said that he had placed his bid for Rs. 26/- and maximum bid at Rs. 995/- on 19.10.08 (Day 1 of the listing). The auction had ended on 25.10.08 with him as the highest bidder at Rs. 252/-. Now he says, “How can you claim Rs. 252/- when I have bid only for Rs. 26/-?” He ended by saying that “I can pay only Rs. 29/- otherwise I am not interested”. Isn’t this a classic example of ignorance on part of new bidders?

Today I have mailed another message asking if they are not interested in completing the transaction, should the item be relisted. So far not one has responded. I must wait some more to see if anyone responds.

For me the real dilemma is whether I should file UPI claims with eBay (if & after my efforts to get payment fail) to seek FVF credit to avoid losses and risk these members leaving negative feedback for me. Or should I just forget about these sales, not file UPI claims and forego resulting FVF credits. If this solution is opted, how do I ensure that these defaulting bidders do not bid again in my auction listings?

Can anyone with experience about this opine?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

ibiker_net
Community Member
This is exactly whats happening with me, I filed for both mutual disagree and did not pay, I just got chaeos, negative feedback and no FVF credit in return. And no help from eBay.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

cvknrao_in1
Community Member
Often the situation mentioned in the above posting are the real with occational sellers like me. I had to relist many times due to (0) feed back new members.
E-bay should fix this problem. Either by involving some sort of joining fee which can be refundable/ adjustable in their first purchase.

Indiatimes type bidding is welcomed where bidder can not escape after bidding since he verifies his credit/debit card on line prior to bidding. Upon successful winning the winning amount would be automatically debited from his credit/debit account.
What ever be his rating no matters to seller.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply