cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY HAS EBAY CHANGED ITS FEEDBACK REMOVAL POLICY...

Hello

The change in ebay feedback removal policy is not called for.
It was excellent policy wherein reputed sellers used to genuinely help buyers to get the desired resolution and in turn request them for negative feedback removal.
Now there is no such options then why will the seller spend his time & effort, when he knows no good news is there in the end.
This will effect both buyers and sellers.
With the onslaught of new selling portals, ebay should help to retain its old and trustworthy sellers, not push them or take them for granted.
Also would like to highlight the ebay guarantee claim adjusters don't even call us for a resolution and give refunds to buyers who are not eligible, since the products are under warranty.
Once they are refunded the buyer leaves us a negative feedback, the Feedback removal team says they wont remove the feedback since its refunded from ebays end.
It seems like ebay is trapping its sellers, and pushing them out of ebay system.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: WHY HAS EBAY CHANGED ITS FEEDBACK REMOVAL POLICY...

I also agreed that Many buyers misused the feedback policy, even some buyers scolding us before placing an order.we never got an ebay support even we are right.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Buyers are able to give any kind of comments and get away with it. I recently began selling on Ebay.

I sent a product to a person living in a restricted facility. So the Shipping provider returned saying No entry pass. i mailed the customer regarding this on Oct 7 and followed up with the shipping Provider to get it delivered.

It was delivered on oct 9. The Customer marked the item as received on Oct 16.

... and you know the feedback he gave. Negative saying there was no communication.

🙂

The feedback system is totally biased against the seller...

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ebay is acting very unreasonable these days.I think it is heading towards disaster.All it's newly formed policies are baseless,illogical and unethical e.g all fees have been increased exorbitantly.Min final value  fees increased from Rs3 to Rs 10 (note the increase, 3.33 times) and final value fees increased to 7% from 5%.Just imagine you are selling a coin in ebay at a price of Rs 15.If it is sold you have to pay final value fees of Rs10.If it is sold after listing five times,you pay listing fees of Rs10.Now you can calculating the profit.It is always negative in such cases but ebay is earning a lot by this kind of unjustified fees structure.

Another new policy regarding remittances.They have categorised all sellers into two...Platinum and Silver.Silver category was assigned to below standard performers and their payments are released after 14days plus and Platinum status was assigned to top and above standard sellers and their remittances were sent within 2-3 days average.I was assigned silver status since I was performing above average for many years.Their recent policy regarding remittance is very in funny.I am still an above average performer/seller but they have assigned silver status to me today.So my present payment status is same as that of below standard seller.This means in Ebay's standard ( above standard sellers and below standard sellers are same).Can you expect  this from a company of international repute like Ebay???I think soon ebay will a face a very bad time soon.Already many new commers are performing better than ebay.Snap.deal for example doesn't charge any listing fees.Customer service is fantastic where as ebay is having the worst customer support I have seen in my life ( I am 62yrs old,retired engineer). Another company

flipkart is also doing fine.Only problem with these companies..they don't offfer platform to sell coins.Once this plat is available all ebay sellers will quit from here ..i am sure.

Ebay's feedback system  is another hopeless topic to discuss.Even an immoral buyer can give negative feed to a seller but seller can't give negative feedback to buyer even if buyer is at fault.I think it is a violation human right.So ebay is buyer's paradise and seller's hell.We are virtually made beggars living on buyer's mercy.I have seen some sellers even beg for positive feedback.

Now let share about my recent experience with ebay guarantee I got a defective Head phone from an ebay seller and filed a ebay guarantee but my case was cancelled by an ebay customer care person saying your item is not covered by ebay guarantee since it is covered under manufacturer's guarantee.Please contact your seller and settle the issue with him.I am very much confused because anything we buy from ebay is under manufacture's guarantee.Then what is the meaning of this ebay guarantee? I have returned the bad HP to ebay seller but still today ( even after I month) the seller has not shipped the replacement.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

sent a brand new phone to buyer, he agreed to removed feedback, helped us via ebay message and also gave a followup comment to remove feedback. customer care says feedback can no more be removed by followups, messages but only revision forms could help. and its sad to see that there are no feedback revision forms available either. ebay is turning into dirty piece of sh*t for all hardworking sellers. i am a powerseller with only 1 negative feedback. my buyer is striving and doing his best to remove feedback, even after his emails to ebay and verbal requests on phone , followup comments and ebay messages, ebay is not ready for removal of feedback. Wtf
Message 14 of 14
latest reply