cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Buyers Taking eBay FEEDBACK System for a ride

Hi,

This is to highlight that some buyers on ebay are mis-using the feedback system to arm twist the seller for financial gain.

One of our buyers bought a 1Tb Seagate Expansion hard drive. Upon receiving the item he installed the same & then called us stating that he now wants a 2Tb hard drive & not 1TB hard drive. We advised him that since he has already opened the box the hard drive cannot be exchanged. Obviously who will bear the loss. The buyer very casually thought that after using it for few days he can just call & ask for the exchange. Since we refused he has now left a -ve feedback for us. As a seller we have no recourse to contest this kind of feedback. It's no point raising it with customer service since they will come back with the same recorded response of their inability to remove such feedbacks.

We want to ask ebay, where are we wrong in this transaction ? There should be a way to get these type of unjust feedbacks removed.

Hoping for a response from ebay staff.

-Manish
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

shagun2014
Community Member
YES you are right. I have sold a watch after using for one month buyer says he wants another model withing a week time or he will leave a -ive feedback. Then he deliberatley put scratches on the watch and posted an image to me. This is ridiculous
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hi,

We agree with super.shopper.24x7. Few buyers, misuse the system deliberately and the customer service at Ebay is pathetic.

Does Ebay have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

There are many instances, where in, the buyer threatens about the negative feedback for no bloody reason.

There must be an alternative system or a procedure to solve this problem.

Soon, genuine sellers, will be forced to turn their back on Ebay.

Hopefully, some one from Ebay can reply to this.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Now looking forward to a reply from the pinks.

-Manish
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

montsa148
Community Member
Lol some people are just hilarious
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Pinks, where are they?
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

montsa148
Community Member
@shagun

You can ask ebay to cancel the feedback, I have seen some feedbacks being removed by ebay, contact the cust. support
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

anks_1987
Community Member
Sometimes i feel ebay is being partial towards buyers.

In my case a buyer left me with a - feedback saying dint receive the item. but the scene is the product was not in stock ( Sandisk memory card ) so i offered him an other brand card ( transcend ) so he denied and asked me to refund the money and i did that but he still left me with a -ve feedback.

I donno what to do of such kind of buyers on ebay and now because of this negative feedback i am facing a selling limit on my account beacuse my feedback % is not upto 98 %

when contacted ebay customer support they say ask the buyer to write an email asking to remove the negative feedback.

I am so dissapointed and helpless, donno what to do.:-(
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

gtronixindia
Community Member
i think the direct feedback option was changed to

Feedback given to ebay directly not to sellers - Than if its positive in that case ebay system pass it to sellers if its negative than ebay-system has to do the job to convert it into positive...

in this way i think ebay satisfy not only the buyer but also the seller.

coz sometimes even im experiencing that aftr providing the solution some buyers wont response to the request to change or delete the negative feedback
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

gtronixindia
Community Member
why my reply is not posted into this thread
Message 10 of 13
latest reply