Solution to Shipping Fraud problems

jaymjoshi
Community Member
Hi all,

I see that most of the discussions are about Nigerians defrauding sellers on E-bay. I have a solution.
I would like E-bay staff to introduce a few features, related to listing of products.

1. The bidder must be forced to specify shipping address before he is allowed to bid. The seller should be given an option by which, he can specify, that he wants BIDDERS ONLY FROM from specific areas, say Delhi, Bombay, or even from Pincode 400001 to 400067 or say, North India, Asia Pacific, etc. i.e. Only those bidders who have provided a shipping address in the specified areas, are eligible to bid/buy the product

2. Secondly, once, such rogue buyers like Nigerians etc. are identified, E-bay must put up a black-list of their id's on the website. Sellers must then have the option of preventing any or all of those on the black-list, from bidding for their products.

3. Once a buyer is black listed, he should be reallowed to register, only after E-bay collects a security deposit from him. Buyer should be restrained from bidding for any product who's value exceeds this deposit. In case he defaults on any bid, he must forfeit the deposit. This amount should then be paid to the seller, regardless of whether he actually delivers the product to the defaulting buyer.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

jaymjoshi
Community Member
What I forgot to mention was, This is for the E-bay staff:
While tracking defaulting buyers, they should be identified through their cell-phone numbers or mail addresses and not thru their ebay-id's which can be created & recreated in less than a minute.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

any$4forsberg
Community Member
What risk am I at for a chargeback when selling from USA to India? I have a buyer that has suddenly become 'desperate' for an item, he's saying he didn't want to pay shipping but now he will cover it if necessary, and then said he wanted to get the item really fast for a gift (customs isn't going to be fast) so it all seems wrong on my end. What can I do to protect myself from chargeback. Is tracking info a requirement? What if I ship the item without tracking what power does he have against me?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply