Seller Protection Program for feedbacks

In My Belief there must be a seller protection program for feedbacks also.

Any Comments.????

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I also think same.. eBay must start a program that is seller feedback protection. where a 5 star rated positive feedback given by default where buyer not leave feedback within 1 month of recive the product. Please think about this suggetion.

Lowprice_Online
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

yes guys,, rediff and tradus follow same method.

sellers gets positive if the buyer dont give feedback within 30 days it is considered to be positive.

eBay can keep 60 days time.. think on it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I completely agree with your suggetion, its tooo difficult to get +ve feedback even after giving excellent service and product quality.

Regards

S Holla

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I am also completely agree with this suggestion because a large number of buyers do not leave feedback on eBay.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

you are 100% right as after a sale a seller need to beg for a positive feedback again and again to the buyer

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay.in must really consider this option of postive by default if no complaints in 60 days .

Ebay.com ratings  were designed like that considering international culture where people will buy anything from a shop and say Thank you at check counter atleast in most cases.

In Indian culture buyer assumes he has paid for it and feedback is only a complaint tool, so most only come to complain , though there are a large number of educated buyers who understand online process and do rate positive to make online buying stronger.

But to expect a large part of our population to suddenly behave like the west is too much of expectation .

Ebay.in has to understand the local culture and adapt its business model and mirror the feeling of the buyer in its rating system .

which means Indian buyer is happy if he didnt complain /leave feedback after 30-60 days of buying the product.

If only negative buyers come and leave feedback the seller is discouraged , ebay may say other sellers have the same challenge not just u ,but if u want me to allocate a lot of resources to chase customers to get my ratings I obviously have to increase my price to cover those costs so I am unable to sell cheaper on ebay and if other online sites understand the local culture better and support the seller well sellers have to consider them over ebay.in because of their refusal to adapt their rating system to local culture and expecting the local population to change and adapt to ebay.com style.

And if that really is what ebay wants then ebay.in  should spend Time resources and money to educate the customer that leaving a positive rating for a good quality product is how buyers and sellers can have a better market place.

So Ebay.in please consider adapting  to Indian culture or educating  the Indian buyers , and Indians are very adaptive when educated people do adapt, unlike China where I am based and have seen Ebay fail so much because Chinese people never adapt themselves to international ways and lot of local firms created ecommerce platforms that suited Chinese sellers and buyers  way of doing business.

Hope this falls into right ears.

My experience of importing and selling highest quality iphone 5 cable at below international prices in India on ebay has taught me a lot , our customers were extremely happy we checked each cable before shipping so there is no error , we called each one of them , still we got 2 negative feedback one of them being an unreasonable customer and other  I think just user error which is ok .

but 2 negative ratings spoiled my entire effort from Importing (takes 40 days on sea so cost remains cheap) , Testing , selling cheap , calling each customer and giving great service and still my DSR is low.

Summary :

Ebay.in  Rating system need to adapt to Indian culture and Indian consumers understanding and behaviour 

Or

Spend TIme resources and Money to educate Ebay buyers 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply