Recent Bad Experience from Buyer!!!

snrama
Community Member
Hi All,

I have been selling on eBay from more than 4 years and have seen many online customers. But I am facing a the bad experience with a buyer

from past few days.

Mr. Sriram (User ID: jhavarsr) from Gwalior, ordered an Compaq Laptop (270276436740). The product delivered (What ever I have specified in

the description) in sealed pack in 3 working days through TNT.

The laptop comes with pre-loaded FreeDOS and comes with Manufacturer's warranty. Unfortunately, HP Compaq doesn't support Windows XP as they

only support Windows Vista.

HP Compaq doesn't provide any Driver CD and only provide Windows Vista drivers online for all their new model notebooks.

The buyer installed Windows XP and thus couldn't find the drivers for it anywhere. He called me over phone, started speaking rude and doesn't

even listen to my words.

I assured him that I will send the links of the drivers for WinXP through email and can be installed on his system and done the same which is

an extra work as it took almost 2 hrs to search it in the internet.

Now The person doesn't know to install the drivers through Device Manager. Am I responsible for it?

He doesn't listen to me at all. He just says, he will complain to eBay and leave negative feedback. He just argue and shout over phone and

its difficult to hear.

As I have mentioned in the description "Goods once sold cannot be taken back or exchanged, you need to contact HP / Compaq authorized

service centers for any issues if occurred.
"

I suggested him to go to HP Authorized Service center as it comes with 1 Year Manufacturer's warranty. Even I mailed him the below address.

Adonis Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
D-4, Vasant Vihar Colony,Opp. Lic Office, Padav
Gwalior - 474002

I got it from the below HP website.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=219417&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=c0068614

Added to the buyer's luck, The service center is approx 1 KM from his residence. Now, the buyer argues that he don't want to go to them as he cannot go out. He wants to compain about me.

Today, I myself downloaded all the drivers and have burned it in a cd and have sent to him with installation instructions.

The buyer doesn't understand that I am just a vendor and have given according to the HP Specification though I am very cooperative with him and has done whatever help I can do from my end.

As per my knowledge, I am prompt and honest. If any one feels unfair, please let me know so that I can improve regarding the same. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

snrama
Community Member
Sorry, Link Updated
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=... ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Dear Sn Rama,

Neither you nor the buyer are at any fault. Mr.Jhavar is one of the seniormost active buyers on the site, just check his ratings. And I think he has an handicap (Jhavar Sir forgive me if I am wrong)

The fault is with HP / Compaq India. Just see the USA HP site and see if they sell their laptops without OS installed? Il n'est pas possible. Even their cheapest ones coting less $450 (obviously cheaper than the one you sold) come preloaded with Windos Vista and all drivers. Additionaly in the US, HP even offer free 30 days software support in the same cost with a Toll Free number 😉

Than why this "dhori neeti" for India.

Normally whenever anyone buys a branded laptop from a SI or from a shop they will preload it with pirated OS and many other softwares (again pirated) which the buyer desires either FOC or at a very nomial charge. So Indian buyers are attuned to getting a full working laptop.

Since you are selling a lot of Linux CDs online and have great expertise in Linux, I would suggest that in future you preload your machines with Linux and free softwares such as OpenOffice, various messengers, etc. so that they are usable out of the box and mention the same clearly in the listings.

Most users in India do not like Vista, yours truly included. I have a fully licensed upgrade CD of Vista Business lying in my drawer but have not bothered to install it even after a year. So if HP does not provide Vista drivers you should burn a CD and ship it along with the laptop as you obvisously not like to send it with a pirated version of XP. You should also burn a CD of Vista drivers and send the same across. Many users in India still use slow dial up connection or low bandwith connections and it would take day (s) to download the neccesary drivers of the Windows site.

Your directting the buyer to the HP service center will not do him any good as HP service center will not load his laptop with pirated OS.

On of the reasons I do not sell laptops online on ebaY is all the hasseles involoved in doing so.

Your best bet is only to sell laptops which come preloaded with Genuine Windows.

-------

Devesh
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Dear Sn Rama,

Just a little addendum:-

I would just like you to put yourself in the buyer shoes and see how would you feel if you had spend 30K on a product and are still not able to use it out of the box?

Would it not p*** the hell out of you?

And if the seller were to tell you to go on the internet and search and spend hours to download drivers?

And if he needed to move out of the house to get his product working, he may well have gone 1 km down the road and bought the product at a store and got it loaded with OS and all other softwared (pirated, genuine whatever) for same or lesser amount. Why bother ordering online at all?

---------

Devesh
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hi Navaneeth,

I can really feel your frustration in this regard.

I personally know him (jhavarsr) and had transacted once before. Thank god that the transaction got ended up with a positive feedback.

He is not technically strong. He is handicap(physical) too. But I should accept one aspect of him that he is cooperative once we put things to him in a better(clear) way.

He had many doubts with regard to the functionalities of the mobile phone (which I sold him) and I tried my best to clarify his doubts. And when it comes to technical issues, I opted to speak to his Grand-son(I guess) who know something about the system.

You can try speaking to his grand-son and explain on how to install the drivers for the Notebook.

Try your best communicating with him in the same tempo, after all ending up in getting a negative feedback(god forbid) from a reputed (according to his feedback score) buyer is unacceptable.

Thank U!
Faheem
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi Devesh,

I have already checked the Mr.Jhavar ratings and respect him.

But the HP-Compaq doesn't provide WinXP drivers both through online and cd, also they don't install pirated OS.

But they will install the drivers if WinXP has already been installed.

Yesterday, I have couriered him the drivers cd with some instructions, hoping that it will work out for him.

Your idea installing linux is good and I will keep your suggestions in my mind in future Laptop deals.

Also, If I am in buyers shoes, I would have purchased a laptop which comes with a pre-installed genuine windows.

But my customer has purchased a laptop which comes with FreeDOS and since he is not a technical person, he is finding difficulties.

If he had clarified the same before shipment, I would have arranged for some alternative.

Faheem, I am trying my best to satisfy him and hoping for the best. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

rajessential
Community Member
Shree Ram Jhawar ke bare main aisa aap bol rahe to very bad he is good reputed buyer from last so many year very bad
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear rajessential,

I respect Mr.Shriram Jhawar and I know that he is a good reputed buyer, and had deal with many good sellers like you.

As Devesh said, both I and the buyer are not at any fault.

I am just asking the community help, so that I can resolve this issue asap and hope he will be satisfied with my service. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

ibiker_net
Community Member
I agree with the seller, whats his fault here? I do understand the buyer might not be technically that strong but he can easily get some relative or some local vendor to do the installation for him.

Its not anyone's fault actually 99.9% of the desi junta is used to pirated software and OS. I remember people used to laugh at me for buying a licenced windows xp for around 4000 long time back. Now a days things are great OS come pre-loaded in most of the machines.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Hi Navaneeth,

Yesterday I happened to get a call from Mr.Jhavar on this issue. He informed all that you posted over here and he is even aware that this thread is going live.

I tried my level best to convince him with the facts related to Notebook (non-OS/FreeDOS) issues. His only request/need is to have a notebook with basic requirement fulfilled like Audio, Internet etc.,

I have informed him that you already sent a driver CDs spending hours on the net and he should expect it on Saturday or max. Monday. Then upon receipt I asked him to ring me up so that I could instruct him on how to install them.

He was actually hesitating to call you. So don't ever bridge a grudge! Keep communicating with him with the same tempo as you did before and try your best to close the transaction in a peaceful manner.

Thank U!
Faheem
Message 10 of 16
latest reply