Prohibited and Restricted Items

nitindb_india
Community Member
Hi,

I've recently tried to list some some gents underwear (briefs), but ebay India have not allowed my item to be displayed; you cannot search for it or find it by browsing the correct categories. After emailing them about this, I am told:-

"Search will not bring back items which contain inappropriate language
or
words that are included on eBay's list of prohibited and restricted
items."

My listing number is: 8392589152

Can anyone see anything wrong with the listing or why they may have disallowed it from being shown? I can't see any inappropriate language being shown, and I think the images are perfectly decent and not anything vulgar or sexual in nature?

I find it crazy that ebay India already allow items such as:- 8391295376 or 8391628801, and yet they have not allowed my perfectly innocent gent's briefs (8392589152) from being listed!??

Can anyone help me in this matter, as I don't want to be banned from selling on ebay. They won't even tell me exactly what the problem with my listing is and simply keep directing me to a link to eBay's list of Prohibited and Restricted Items.

Many thanks in advance,
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Prohibited and Restricted Items

realselleronline
Community Member
Dear Friend

Your listing seems to have expired by 10 march 2006.
Try relisting it.

Try to use some what the same keywords used by the other listers that you mentioned, perhaps that might help

Ebay India has completly banned sale of adult goods and so if the keywors that is given by you contains any sort of offensive language it might get rejected. The anaysis is done by a computer and so cannot recognise your innocence.

I suggest that you give a search on your key words on DOGPILE search engine. if the search keyword contains any offensive language the search engine prompts the user that it may return adult oriented results before showing the results. This way you can know if the keywords are offensive for use online.
This is just a vague suggestion though its worth a try.

I wish this might solve your problem.
hopefully
realselleronline
Message 2 of 2
latest reply