Problem with Unpaid Item Process

azhad_in1
Community Member
A buyer had bid on my item and later said he did not want it. Since he was telling me that he bought the item by mistake, I filed a mutual cancellation offer and messaged him to accept the offer.

In the dispute, he mentioned that he did not want the item and then cancelled the mutual cancellation offer.

Whether mistake or malice, I am not allowed to file any other Unpaid Item Processes with him.

What does a seller do in such a case. A buyer could use this method to harm sellers. We sellers don't have any protection as further unpaid item strikes are not possible. Also the seller gets charged a Final Value Fee by eBay.

This is a serious flaw in the Unpaid Item Process. I hope eBay will revise their process such that the above does not happen again.

And please enable a live chat or telephone support during working hours. eBay customer care is very slow. This problem is keeping me very worried.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

I have faced these type of issues few times, You can't blame a buyer as he may have done that accidentally.

I have got the FVF Credit and hopefully eBay does the same. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

azhad_in1
Community Member
Problem Solved.

An eBay Customer Care person posted a FVF credit. Thanks eBay. It took just over a day and less than 2 days for eBay to respond. Pretty good.

But next time, I am not giving any more chances to members who buy with a Buy it Now and don't pay. This problem gave me the opportunity to learn eBay policies.

Now thinking of what feedback to give to him. Giving it some time. Neutral or Negative?
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

azhad_in1
Community Member
But don't you think that eBay should allow a second dispute?

eBay seems very happy to punish those sellers who may falsely claim a mutual cancellation. The eBay policy is not to refund the FVF and that the transaction should go through.

But what if the buyer doesn't pay. I don't think sellers should contact eBay customer care everytime. Another Dispute should be possible.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

patelsonlineshop
Community Member
I have faced these type of problems three times

I put disputes & then close disputes after some day because buyer not responding...

but in my messagebox there is an alert come again & again about paying ebay fees...
What I do???
Message 5 of 5
latest reply