cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powership COD : Not enough couriers: Very Poor Service: Remove Mandatory COD

I talked to ebay yesterday regarding a Powership COD order that we received and ebay informed me that only ARAMEX courier in our area is dealing with COD orders and ARAMEX service is really poor and they did not pick up the item for last four days. Other couriers do not entertain COD if we try to send by non powership mode. So what are our options. Any Thoughts? Please share.

Also the CSE told me that they are aware of this situation.

Before making COD mandatory Ebay should have sorted out all these issues, otherwise make COD optional.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am facing the same issue as you. The CoD orders were assigned to Aramex and 2 days have gone by, nothing happened.

Mailing PowerShip, esp for pick up issues, is a joke, they don't even care to respond.

I don't think the entire fault is with Aramex, yes they have a bad rep but I have bought from sellers who shipped via Aramex the same day and via PowerShip.

Calling PowerShip rarely helps, first there is the long wait time, who in their right mind will wait for 46 minutes and when you get connected. they just say, pick up will be done today. They don't give any reference/token number without which none of the couriers will care to help you.

Moreover, since eBay is charging 50 more for CoD, buyers will be more outraged as they received their products late and they had to pay more.

By the way, did your orders get picked up ?

I contacted Aramex via twitter, who have helped me before, let's see what happens.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ref:e-shopper23

No my items were not picked up and I sent them by arranging my own courier after waiting for 3 days. We are facing the similar problem with FEDEX as well sometimes they show up and sometimes they do not come even after repeated calling.

I think there should be some accountability/penalty mechanism for powership team and courier. Several times it happened to me that powership CSR promised me that "your item will be picked up today" and it never got picked up ever after several days and finally we had to send the item by arranging our own courier. This delays the whole delivery process and buyer thinks that the delay is due to sellers fault and give us bad rating or rating with low DSR.Another risk is that buyer receive the item after the promised time and the get the refund from ebay and in that case we have to spend our time in disputing refund or risk losing money.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That is indeed sad. I agree with you that eBay made CoD mandatory to compete with other websites (although 50 Rs extra as convenience is a bad move) without even thinking about how it might end up affecting sellers.

My items were picked up on 23rd and were connected just today. This is beyong appalling. I had contacted PowerShip everyday and I even informed Aramex International via twitter and mail. So, I don't know who was the reason behind the pick-up.

I read somewhere that Aramex don't give out a token number, instead they directly coordinate for the pick-up. This is a major disadvantage as no courier will help us without any kind of reference number.

FedEx service has been good for me, so far. Picked up and connected the same day. Blue Dart picks up the same day but connects after 1 working day, so if order was picked on Saturday, it's connected on Tuesday early morning. Sent mails about these couriers but all in vain 😞

So, if you send using your own courier, how does it work ? I mean, do you send an email to update the correct shipping details ?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

we are facing different issue.

Aramex picks up parcel same day and sends it to delhi ecommerce department under 1 different AWB.

from there it gets shipped after 4 to 5 days, from this our afst ship performance has dropped to below 75% from 97%.

and these are COD orders little delay changes customer mind

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ref:e-shopper23

Yes thats correct , after sending the item we send emails to inform about the correct shipping details.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ref:mycorte

We have stopped thiking about the fastship performance because of all the similar reasons. Blue dart update orders next day,

Fedex and Aramex service in our area is very poor. Even if we pack the order almost instantly and mark it ready to ship we are not able to maintain the fastship status because blue dart usually pick up the items on time however they update next day. If you want to dispute the timings, Ebay asks for the scnned copies of all the manifests with signatures , time and date which is big waste of time to scan one month of manifests.

Fedex and Aramex orders hardly get picked up within 24 hours in our area.Moreover please note as per ebay

"FastShip discounts are promotional benefits provided to you by eBay and you cannot claim as a right".

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Aramex service is not good. And i hate COD on ebay. 12% returns in one month just because customer rejected the order or did not pay for it. I want to remove COD from my payment policy. Team Ebay plz remove COD

Message 8 of 8
latest reply