POWERSHIP----A ROYAL BENGAL OR A PAPER-TIGER?

'UNDER POWERSHIP PROG., EBAY'S 'POWERFUL' COURIER PARTNERS DELIVER 90% OF THE ITEMS

WITHIN 3 DAYS. SELLERS GET THEIR MONEY ONCE THE ITEM IS DELIVERED'---not me, ebay india is

saying so. a few things are surprising though!!!

1) that 3 days thingy---i know lotsss of sellers who don't agree. does ebay import some courier partners

from mars? if not, how come the same couriers deliver items faster 'only' when its abt powership? we don't

pay them?

2)my courier partners deliver in 2/3/4 days depending on the destinations. if ebay is so serious in helping

sellers get their money faster, why doesn't ebay india try and get its buyers educated enough so that they

know that they're supposed to confirm receipt asap once the items are delivered? instead, why this effort

of bribing the sellers with a 'chance of getting payments faster' to bring them into the polo-court of powership?

powership---to help the sellers, or to help yourself mr ebay india?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

hollowoman
Community Member

Royal Bengal Tiger indeed !!Woman Happy

You are selling 10-gm weight items (I mean stamp/coin/notes)

For you Speed Post is good enough!!Smiley Frustrated

There are lot of guys shipping 500 gm/1 kg/2kg/3 kg items daily to make a living!!

Shipping them with out ebay Powership contract rates is possible only if the seller is big enough to have his own contract with Bluedart-Fedex.

Try walk in to Fedex or Bluedart and send your stamps with out contract a/c. Ha! you will be fleeced Rs 310 by Bluedart  & Rs 700 by Fedex.QQ

Aam Admi Mom & Pop Seller in ebay Powership is paying Rs 37 or 48 to Bluedart/Fedex for minimum weight 500 gm !! 

Powership Zindabad !!Woman Very HappySmiley Tongue

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You can use Powership and the  get lot of your headache fixed or go with DTDC. They charge less than powership rates but the only issue is that you have to call the buyer and have them confirm the purchase or wait for the item to be self accepted as delivered.

Both of these have their own issues

I have tried both and trust me I want my life to be more easy but you have to live with both options until or unless you have raise your sales and sign up your own rate contract.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'm not a seller but I'd like to say something based on my experience: Don't underestimate Speed Post.

Premium couriers like Blue Dart are not uniformly good in all parts of the country. I live in a state capital in a remote region, and while most couriers take 5-9 days to deliver a shipment from various parts of the country (average 6 days), Blue Dart takes 12-18 days with an average of 14 days. Speed Post takes just 3-5 days.

Another thing worth noting is that Speed Post charges a maximum of Rs.100 (90 + tax) to ship a 500 gm package to the farthest corners of the country, and only 50/- for each additional 500 gm. They charge considerably less for shorter distances and lighter weights. For example, shipping a 200 gm package from Mumbai to Hyderabad will cost only Rs.45. These rates are for occasional, non-contract users.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

sir they are no doubt 200% paper tigers.n even more freaky is their cc. people mostly those arrogant cc. ppl dont picup your phone n if your so lucky they would behave like they are gods of earth.in my case after activation of my id on 22nd june they could not arrange picups till last day as they were continuosly saying its atechnical issue n will be sorted out very soon.when last day i called cc. for latest update on my issue.he talked like i was irritating him and cut my phone and after half an hour i saw that he had deactived my id without any of my fault.realty is that ps cc. dont want tomake any effort towards new sellers picups.n really they are crappy n horrible.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply