cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No item receipt but claim by buyer and additional debit of transaction amount by ebay

parth95
Community Member

Hi, My ebay id is parth95. this is in regards to paisapay id 37463876488 . The buyer received the item few days back but did not mark item receipt. Hence I did not got remittance yet. the buyer found item defective and lodged claim 677951. i DISCUSSED WITH BUYER on mail to take another item or return the item. Buyer has not returned the item yet. Meanwhile a debit claim has been file on my remittance for rs 9000 now. This means I departed with my item. I did not get any money. Now I get another debit of rs 9000. Under ebay policy before debiting my remittance against claim at least a credit to my account should have come automatically when a claim is filed. How is that an item which has not been marked receipt , that ebay allows buyer to file a claim. in any case ebay already enjoys interest on all buyer payments , now they also enjoy interest on additional claim amounts they file on seller. Highly deplorable this policy is. While I agree that customer satisfaction is paramount and for safety reason the transaction amount is held back , but at least a buyer should not be allowed to file a claim unless he marks item receipt first. This becomes a scene where the seller parts with the item , money stays with ebay and now there is additional burden on seller for claim. This is a highly unsatisfying experience for a honest seller like us , which ebay is paying no heed to. I have discussed at length today with ebay selling team prashant and nazneen , without any satisfying reply. I would request ebay to automate item receipt when a buyer files a claim. In this case please release remittance which is due to us in first place as item is with buyer. Not to see the least we are highly disappointed at this one sided ebay policy which favours ebay only and buyer to some extent and will soon think over stop dealing in high value items unless such scenarios are dealt by ebay promptly and honestly.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

No item receipt but claim by buyer and additional debit of transaction amount by ebay

parth95
Community Member

Just to add a summary :

1. we sell a item , promptly courier it to a remote area in northeast without charging any shipping and insuring the parcel for north east. item value rs 9000.

2. Buyer receives item inspects and finds it faulty , files claim.

3. Buyer does not mark item receipt. we do not get payment , money stays with ebay.

4. We ask buyer to return for another item replacement and to return the item.

5. Buyer promises to return , but has not done so, item still with buyer.

6. EBay debits our remittance with rs 9000 charges on our current remittance.

7. This means , ebay has the initial payment from buyer. They have additional rs 9000 by debiting our remittance. buyer has the goods., we the seller has nothing but babaji ka thullu.

8. imagine if we had sold rs 500,000 or 5 lakh item. Then if buyer does not mark receipt and makes item defective or find faults , then ebay puts another burden of rs 500,000 on us. so we end up parting with item , we also loose additional rs 500,000 as a penalty for dealing on ebay. and ebay earning sweet interest on all money from buyer and seller. vow win win situation for ebay and loose loose siatuation for seller.

9. Honest sellers should learn from our experience and ebay should think twice on its arbitrary policies.

10. buyer should not be allowed to file a claim unless they mark item receipt first.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply