cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Neutral Feedback For Buyers – Just As Negatives

I just checked and saw that there is no option for
sellers to leave a neutral feedback for the buyers.

We were communicated that we cannot leave a negative
feedback. Now all of a sudden the neutral feedback option has also vanished.

On the announcement page Vidmay says that “When looking at your percentage, I
encourage you not to focus on the drop in your Feedback percentage as a raw
number, but rather to think of it in context with other sellers' percentages on
eBay.”

My dear, if you loose something then you will surely be sad about it. You
cannot make yourself happy thinking that others have lost more then what you
have lost.

Sellers like SNRAMA and FELINETRANDZ had 100% positive feedback and the whole
community had congratulated them some time back.

Now they both have less positive percentage then what I have. But that does
not make me happy. Rather it makes me sad that this can anytime happen to
anyone. Hardwork, mental pressure, time invested, loss suffered, replacements
given… just to maintain 100% positive… all gone down the drain.

The problem is that, the people who make such policies just dream of
something and write it on the announcement page saying that our survey says this
and our survey says that. God knows whom you people contact for such surveys and
from which community you get all these feedbacks from.

Regards

Shuaib

Regards
Shuaib
Aafsaa.com
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Shuaib,

100% Positive Rating is now a nightmare for most of the genuine sellers. We can't do anything to achieve 100% once the rating goes down, nobody is there to help us, neither MFW nor ODR. Even one neutral now means decrease in percentage.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member
Well it's damm bad -- MFW is not there 😞
This rule is the worst of all .. gallery fee, listing fee -- all was ok .. but this rule is just not ok ..
Ebay takes survey of buyers only ?? what about sellers ??
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

hi!
i also agree with you all. ebay should think over it again. All that we try to do the best, but when even after giving the better item we get a NEGATIVE from buyers and we cann't even do something.
regards,
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

sreenivasas
Community Member
Sellers should be able to leave a feedback for buyers too ! If ebay is not doing this then it is really bad.

This comment is from a buyer's perspective. I was a buyer on ebay. These days, I use it only for getting the specifications and the price information. I had two bad transactions earlier for my purchases. One was a bad product. The other was a 'no product shipped' and ebay was a pain to initiate the dispute *huh*. All my friends use ebay as a price indicator. They go to a local store to negotiate and buy.

As a buyer I would like to see the following:
1. Show the last one week feedback of the seller as a default. This tells what the buyer should be aware of about the seller. Also, this helps the seller if there were negative feedbacks earlier and now he is a good seller.
2. Group feedback based on pricing (say 0-1000, 1000-5000, 5000-10000, ...). This tells the buyers whether this seller is a reliable seller for all ranges or for certain ranges. There are (few) sellers who build a good reputation by selling smaller value items and then have issues with high priced items. Not all sellers are bad. But, it is good to identify bad sellers to bring in buyers.

Note: I had been buying on ebay(US) since 2002. I'm still buying on ebay(US). I stopped buying on ebay(India) because my trust levels are gone !

Regards

-Sreenivas
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

gsmobileworld
Community Member
Dear touchshine,

As per ebay.in words, they conduct buyer and seller surveys and then come up with a new policy. I would ask a simple question to all sellers on the community boards, HAS ANY SELLER RECEIVED ANY SURVEY CALL FROM ANY EBAY GUYS EVER?

An answer to this would simply show ebay.in's credibility.

They have been coming up with new improvising polices in the past few months. Some are good for ebay.in and some are found worst by the sellers of ebay.in

I would like to ask ebay.in, why the good policies take time to be implemented. As said, negative feedback would not be left for buyers, it has been implemented immediately on the feedback page. Infact, we were never informed about the neutral feedback, then too it was immediately implemented.

Then why does the new policy "We will remove negative and neutral Feedback if a member becomes suspended" taking time to be implemented?

Has anyone on ebay.in got an answer for this?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi Shuaib

I agree with you.

And as per my opinion, before implementing this policy, atleast old feedbacks shouldn't be taken into consideration. All the pains and hardwork done so far gone into garbage can !!

Regards
Meenu X-(

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

touchnshine
Community Member
Hi
You know what great feedback I received from a buyer -- it says -- Thank You with a Neutral .. After receiving this damm feedback -- I feel like it would be nice if there were no feedback or if he just don't know how to leave feedback .. perfect -- Thank You and a neutral.
It happened with me today and it can happen this with anyone. Thanks to ebay -- the buyers are so educated now -- that we are receiving a Thank You with a neutral.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

esmartbazaar
Community Member
Hi TouchnShine ,

Just to add to your case , we also received a Neutral with the remark "the product is good with some nice free stuffs"

Now , pls Indraneel can we ask for your expertise to let us know how go about in such a case with the new feedback system .

With this new feedback system in place and kind of feedback we receive here in India ( i mean the amount careless negs and neutral given ) , sellers wont be able to continue with ebay within next 3-4 months , they will start having issues with tns as SNP ratio will go above 5 percent, restrictions , suspensions will follow .
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

indiashine
Community Member
eBay is not only damaging our reputation and business, but their business also.
In past if something goes wrong, Seller could go for a solution for removing his neutral feedback or negative feedback. Now who will care??
If such things will be started, who will buy?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply