Negative Feedback option should be locked!

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Hello everyone,

i have seen many threads about negative feedbacks and felt sorry from reading many seller's bittering experiences, now it is my turn..the same has happened to me too...i was holding 94 feedbacks - 100% positive till yesterday...then suddenly i received a negative feedback stating "I felt Betrayed" .....i am shocked and surprised...i don't know why he feels betrayed...i am trying to contact him over phone to know the reason, but he is not reachable..i have also sent him so many mails, but he is not replying....i am puzzled..after this happens i also received another negative feedback on the same day....stating that" i ordered 10 days before and i have not received the product"...but we have dispatched the product on the same day of his order....i gave all the courier details, everything to him...the problem is he has shifted his house..now he says he has forget to inform me...how silly! the feedback system should be changed...many buyers are very eager to leave negative feedback..that too for the sellers who are having 100% positive feedbacks..they feel immense happiness in that...This should not be allowed anymore...leaving negative feedback should be tightend. The buyer should not be allowed to leave negative feedback until they open a "Item not recived or as not described", and the buyer should be allowed to leave negative feedback only after the dispute is closed or the day after the seller fails to respond at a certain time(i don't know wat is the exact time allowed)..This will drastically reduce the volume of negative feedbacks against genuine sellers.. Would like to hear the opinion of other sellers...

Regards,

L.Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

snrama
Community Member
Hi,

Try a third party like ORD India or Square Trade to get the -ve's removed. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Dear Sir,
Last time I noticed a negative that you received in your 70s, I think. I was about to post a thread 'shreelakhsmitraders got unfair feedback', but the next day I saw that you had somehow managed to convince the buyer and it was shocking to see him with 18 STARS.

No communication, just leave negative feeback????

These things are bound to happen till Ebay's ends its continued indifference toward the issue.
IT IS A BIG ISSUE MAN!!!!!!!
I wish you all the best and would suggest you to move on. There hardly is one seller safe from this menace. I got one myself.

Regards
Shahnawaz
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

mastersniper1
Community Member
Square Trade? waste of money
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

superstores_tech
Community Member
I have tried square trade but its expensive.

However in this case L.Pethachi you must write to ebay using the Contact US link on the Help page.

Go to Selling and Managing > Problems with Buyers > An un welcoming buyer bids on my item >EMAIL

There go and complain that the buyer is not reachable on the phone. The buyer would be suspended in 3 days and the feedback will be removed after you mail eBay again.

Regards Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Superstores_Tech

Ankur Agarwal
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

anilnigambekhabar
Community Member
Hi all seller friends,
This is a vital problem indeed. We all should persuade eBay to make some necessory restrictions and help it's sellers community. I had also started the discussion on same topic. Let's ebay staff take notice of it and do something about it. We should hope it will be solve.
anilnigambekhabar anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Finally, i have managed to convince both the buyers who left me negative feedback, feedbacks withdrawn. 100% positive back again.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
I again got a negative feedback from a buyer stating the reason "
I never bought this product from you. I was only checking it. Why should I PAY?".....isn't that funny? without buying how he is able to leave feedback...i can remove the negative mark reporting unpaid item, but it takes 15 days for it, i want to remove that immediatley, so i contacted customer care support to remove the comment, i was very positive thatthe comment will be removed. But, i got a reply after 4 days with a stereo type reason that this case does not meet our policy, so this comment cannot be removed...and they advised me to contact square trade and gave there links..... the person who designed ebay's policy should be hanged.....
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

coolbrasco
Community Member
Other easy way is instead of argueing with him, give him a option to cancel the order while opening a dispute. If he accepts the feedback will become void.

Leave a followup up reply for his feedback (the message should be positive for other customers who reads your feedbacks, if you use negative words again it is not good for your reputation).

For your feedback followup sample --

"Kindly cancel the order no problems"
"Dont worry we can cancel the order"
"Kindly pay for next purcase"

Use kind words like Please, I request, Thanks, while writing email to him, he will agree.

What to do eBay is really strange business. We have to manage solve the problems like this. If you have a shop in the street, you have to face more problem than eBay business.

My personal opinion is your feedback rating is good, in 1 week it will go to next page.

I can say 99.99 customers are really very good in eBay, 80% of the experienced ebayers dont even ask a question, they just buy, pay and leave feedback after receiving item, they are Gems of eBay and they dont waste our time.

You can also block "Jay" bidders like, those with out phone registration and 2 unpaid cases in previous month can help get rid of people wasting your time and money.

Goodluck.

Thanks and regards,
CoolBrasCo.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

anilnigambekhabar
Community Member
Hi Dear victims of negative feedbacks,
I am also one of you. Recently I received a negative feedback which was totally unreasonable. Let me explain:
I am selling e-books. I have mentioned prominantly at two defferent places of my each description page stating that "This is an electronic book not a physical book and can be read on your computer or laptop.It will be sent as attachment." (you can check it)
But the buyer did not bother to read it and purchased. After next day of receiving he simply gave me his negative feedback stating " Wanted book and not attachment. No purpose solved if saved on computer."
I have also mentioned to contact if any problem before leaving feedback + offered 100% money back guarantee etc.
But without any communication buyers are able to give negative feedbacks. WHY?????
Now I would like to ask eBay people what was my faul if the buyer purchased unsuitable item???
When a seller wants to send unpaid item reminder he has to wait for 7 days and after that eBay asks defferent queries and sends email to buyer giving him another full 7 days to reply.
Why can't eBay gives sellers opportunity to solve buyers problem before allowing negative feedbacks.
It is really high time to do somthing regarding this problem and protect its sellers from getting unjustified negative feedbacks. All other sellers who are victims should also give their openion to solve it. Thanks.
anil anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
Message 10 of 13
latest reply