Negative Feedback option should be locked!

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Hello everyone,

i have seen many threads about negative feedbacks and felt sorry from reading many seller's bittering experiences, now it is my turn..the same has happened to me too...i was holding 94 feedbacks - 100% positive till yesterday...then suddenly i received a negative feedback stating "I felt Betrayed" .....i am shocked and surprised...i don't know why he feels betrayed...i am trying to contact him over phone to know the reason, but he is not reachable..i have also sent him so many mails, but he is not replying....i am puzzled..after this happens i also received another negative feedback on the same day....stating that" i ordered 10 days before and i have not received the product"...but we have dispatched the product on the same day of his order....i gave all the courier details, everything to him...the problem is he has shifted his house..now he says he has forget to inform me...how silly! the feedback system should be changed...many buyers are very eager to leave negative feedback..that too for the sellers who are having 100% positive feedbacks..they feel immense happiness in that...This should not be allowed anymore...leaving negative feedback should be tightend. The buyer should not be allowed to leave negative feedback until they open a "Item not recived or as not described", and the buyer should be allowed to leave negative feedback only after the dispute is closed or the day after the seller fails to respond at a certain time(i don't know wat is the exact time allowed)..This will drastically reduce the volume of negative feedbacks against genuine sellers.. Would like to hear the opinion of other sellers...

Regards,

L.Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

Negative feedback option is really very upsetting for sellers. I recently got a negative feedback from the buyer jitender2968. Though the item was received by him just next day after sending payment and exactly same as described as everyone can checkout it. The buyer did not made any complain about the item but directly put negative feedback. I through emails, offered him even refund, if the item is not upto mark and also send mutual feedback removal agreement. but neither he is ready to communicate nor returning item for refund or replacement nor changing negative feedback. I tried to spoke to him over std 4 times and could hear his hello voice twice. he just said that he has read my email and cut the phone.
I also wrote to ebay about this but ebay does not have any policy towards sellers that may protect them from such irresponsible buyers.
This is completely injustice from ebay. I can not understand why ebay has made free such senseless persons. A sellers's reputation is damaged without any reason and the ebay is always silent on it.
Ebay should take control of this process exactly in the same way as old baazee.com handled it. At baazee times, the sellers could make complain for such ratings and the baazee customercare executive after going through the case, used to remove such negative remarks and rating that was left without sufficient reason.

I am proud of baazee.com as the indian standard was much much better then the international ebay standard.
The only aim of ebay is to earn money. they do not see if there has been justice for both sellers and buyers. they only check that there should be buyers so that ebay may earn at every transaction. more the buyers more earning. for justice- where it came from? ebay came here to earn, not to make justice otherwise it never had given such uncontrolled rights even to to bad buyers.

Why ebay is not ready to make justice by having a direct control of feedback system so that its abuse can be avoided?
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear shreelaptops,

I am very sorry that you got a negative feedback from a buyer.

Buyer has every right to give negative if the product is not satisfactory.

Blaming eBay doesn't solve the issue. Request the buyer again to withdraw feedback by giving the product replacement or refund.

If you feel the feedback is given not justified, you can go for mediation like Odr India or Square Trade and remove the negative.

Even I received a negative a few days back, I immediately called the buyer over phone and resolved the matter. He is yet to withdraw the feedback, but has promised me that he will do it if he gets the replacement. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

creative_pursuits
Community Member
Dear Friends....

NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS FOR NO FAULT OF OURS ARE BITTER EXPERIENCES INDEED!

My feedback score which was originally 100% is now only 99.5% because of a negaive feedback left by a buyer...sowmini of chennai.
she purchased a wrap around skirt from me and i remember clearly that i personally checked it and packed it.But the comment left was the skirt is shop soiled etc...I immediately contacted her and told her i am ready to exchange the skirt or refund her the money to which she never replied and i have been trying her number but in vain....I have filed a mutual feedback withdrawal request but she has not answered.:-( so her feedback is going to stay there forever.....hence spoiling my reputation for no fault of mine.If her complaint is true, why she is not accepting refund/exchange when i am leaving the option to her????
I have filed this case with ODR India as well but the result is yet to come.really feels discouraging when we strive hard to give the best to buyers and buyers take undue advantage and penalise us.

I Think ebay should work out sum policy for protecting sellers from such unjustified feedbacks from Buyers.

Regards
Mala
Message 13 of 13
latest reply